Question

Does Sears care?Let us all ponder this question as I relate one of the most disgraceful stories of Customer Service,(snicker) you may ever hear.This wasn’t always the case, over the years I have had good ‘ol reliable Sears install dishwashers,stoves,refrigerator all to great satisfaction.They also installed an air conditioning unit. An air conditioning unit that proceeded to flood 2 bedrooms,hallway, attic all the way through to garage ruining everything in it’s dark brown water and mold path.My mother’s insurance company(Farmers),(this is her reversed mortgaged home and she is an 80yr old invalid with cardiac and respiratory issues),dispatched a clean-up crew and A.C. repairman pronto. After calming my over-stressed 2yr no days off unpaid caregiver nerves with the soothing sounds of “Don’t worry, you have plenty of coverage”I settled down,well at least I stopped sobbing and vomiting.This moment of relative calm was quickly shattered with the words IMPROPER INSTALLATION and hey, tough luck poor wretch who ha

Details like I’ve had to be on prednisone 2x since this happened due to an allergic reaction to mold?Because as a women I enjoy being swollen and covered with hives.Or maybe more details such as I had to get return of premiums on some life insurance policies and sell my grandfather’s banjo and his fathers NYC gold fireman’sbadge he got for bravery to pay the clean-up crew and repairman since caring for a parent that needs 24hr a day care means you don’t get to have a job that pays.I paid these because I’m a responsible person. Any at Sears?Details like since I was informed TYARHEIN B***’s supervisor was informed already an my case hasn’t been given to anyone else who might DO THEIR JOB and not be so vile as not even have the decency to return a call.I have to assume Sears is aware of this problem and just does not care one bit.

Answers

6 answers

1. WhizDumb1,

We apologize for the trouble you experienced with regards to you’re A/C. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager discuss this situation with you and assist in addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the A/C was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (WhizDumb1) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

Why is David W. saying he's going to contact via phone and the moderator is going to reach out via email? Sears is large enough to deal with something like this immediately.

2. In response to SHC-DavidW

Hi c0rtney,

We the moderator's reach out via email, to make sure that our members have access back to their original thread once a response from our Sears Cares team has posted.

Our Sears Cares team are the ones who will be reaching out to help our members in resolving their issues once they receive members contact information.

Thank you!

2. Hi WhizDumb1,

I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. We appreciate you sharing your concerns and would like to have our Sears Cares team help you further with this issue. Once our team responds, I will be reaching out via email.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you for the form letter reply.I eagerly await hearing from you via email and will enthusiastically provide you with any information you may need to resolve this fiasco.I have just oodles of more details that apply to this that I am just so bursting to share. Thank you.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi WhizDumb1,

I am not sure if you have had a chance to send the additional information to our Sears Cares team as requested, but I have escalated your updates (2nd thread) as well as email address to our team.

Thank you and please keep us posted!