Question

Does Sears even plan on giving me my money back? Im tired of getting the runaround on the order I cancelled on 2/7/14. Im tired of calling Sears everyday to hear a different answer. Looks like they cant even tell me if Im going to get my 1+k back. Now I have to call my bank and tell them Sears has their payment. Because of this mishap I had to purchase another washer and dryer that was even more expensive just because I didnt want to fight with Sears anymore. I trusted that my money would be returned to me, but it hasnt. Your store still has the product yet my money is floating in outerspace. Thanks for making my life just a little harder to handle.

Answers

4 answers

1. Why on earth would it take 14 business days to get a refund? Seriously? Even if Sears Holdings has to write a check and send it snail mail, it should not take 14 business days for a refund of the customers money.

Like I said go straight to your bank, you will be strung along as long as Sears can possibly keep your money.

2. Hi clownprincess,

Thank you for bringing the matters concerning your refund to our attention we certainly know how important it is to have this transaction completed. We make every effort to process and credits and refunds in the timeliest manner possible. This may range from 3-5 business days to 10-14 business days based upon processing strategies by all parties involved. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I have read your post and I am taking this time to offer our assistance. We would be happy to put you in contact with a case manager who will provide further assistance. At your earliest convenience please send your contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (clownprincess), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. Again, we appreciate your feedback concerning your purchase refund. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
    Brian R.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Welcome to MySears, clownprincess! I am sorry to hear you are still waiting on a promised refund. The SearsCares team can help! A team member will reach out shortly requesting that you directly contact them so they can get this taken care of for you.

As soon as a team member responds, I will alert you via an email which includes a link directing you back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

4. Skip right over Sears and go directly to your bank and do a chargeback. From years of reading comments on this site that is the best way to do it. Remember you only have so many days to file a dispute. So don't wait and be strung along.