Question

email address for filing a complaint

rec’d eamil add of SHC@customerservicesears.com which came back undelieverable

Answers

38 answers

1. My friend purchased a reconditioned dishwasher as a gift for me online to be picked up locally. He forwarded the order and payment confirmation and informed me to print it out and present it to the store in order to pick up the dishwasher. When I arrived, the store informed me the reconditioned dishwasher had already been sold and it was sold to an employee. I informed the manager that it didn't seem like good business practice to put the employee before the customer especially when the dishwasher had been available online and purchased. He informed me that it should've been taken out of inventory because the employee had already purchased it. To try and make good on this I was offered 15% off a dishwasher which happened to be the current sales promotion. I don't feel like this is the Sears I had been coming to so long and buy quality products with great customer service. I am very disappointed with this shopping experience and will remember when I choose a vendor for my next purchase, whatever it may be.

1. In response to cash4tf

Welcome to MySears, cash4tf! Thanks for sharing your experience with us today. I am sorry to hear you were unable to pick up that dishwasher at your local store. I have forwarded your concern on to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to discuss this with you further.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. I will be sure to send you an email letting you know once a response is posted.

Thanks!

2. In response to cash4tf

Dear cash4tf,

Thank you for letting us know about this type of practice that is taking place at our Sears location. We want to make sure that our members are being offered the best deal available and we never encourage stores to hold on to set items for employee purchase only. At this time we would like to speak with you about this experience further. Please send the following information – the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (cash4tf), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,

Isaac D.
      MySears Community Moderator.

2. I have tried to make a purchase at Kmart.com with Shop Your Way Reward points for 10 days now, and 6 orders have been cancelled for various reason, mostly insufficient points in my SYWR account, although that department says I have enough points available. I have emailed Imran Jooma and Leena Munjal along with smadvisor@searshc.com trying to get a resolution to my issue. The transaction should have been less than $10 transaction, but your website wouldn't accept my credit cards, and now my points have expired, with the discount code I was given for my inconvenience it was going to be a $0 transaction, just points for this purchase. A resolution quickly would be appreciated. Just give me my points on an electronic gift card and I will buy the item at the local Kmart, even though that will make my 3rd unneeded trip to your store.

1. In response to UpsetInFortWayne

Welcome, UpsetInFortWayne! I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time placing an order with your SYW points. I am sending you an email in a bit requesting more information so the SYW team can look into this for you.

Thanks!

3. Sorry I can't help you with the email address for filing a complaint. I don't know if there is any good from registering a complaint. We bought a Laguna Spa hot tub from Sears and 14 months later the electonic board burned up so its not working at all. Not only does Sears not stand behind their warranty of 1 year after manufacturers warranty of two years, they don't even know how to get a hold of Laguna. After six months of trying to get someone to take responsibility they just said 'sorry'. Made a few bucks off of our $4,600 purchase but that doesn't matter. They were awful to deal with. Will NEVER buy from Sears again and I hope none of you do either.

1. In response to WhateverAgain

Hi there, WhateverAgain! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your hot tub. I have sent this issue on to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, who will be happy to discuss this with you.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will send you an email letting you know.

Thanks!

2. In response to WhateverAgain

WhateverAgain,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your recent experience with you hot tub. we certainly know it can be frustrating when a large purchase breaks down and you are unable to use that item. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to assist you further and do our best to meet your service expectations regarding your hot tub. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can get you in touch with a dedicated case manager. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the hot tub was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (WhateverAgain), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
      Kurt M.
      MySears Community Moderator

4. Hopefully someone here can cut through all the red tape. I should not have to talk to countless Sears employees and spend hours on the phone for a simple resolution.
    At the beginning of Sep I took my push mower in for repairs covered by a service\protection agreement. When I dropped the mower off, I purchased and installed a new air filter, because I did not want the service dept to say the problems were related to a dirty filter. The complaints were that it was not starting properly and occasionally ran rough. I was promised the mower to be repaired and returned to the store for pickup in two weeks. The mower was not returned to the store in two weeks - it took six weeks. During this time I was fined $50 from my HOA for not having my lawn mowed.
    When I picked the mower up, the repair tag stated that several components of the electronic starting system were replaced. On the way home I stopped to purchase fuel for the mower, when I got home I filled the mower with the fresh fuel. When I went to start the mower, I discovered that the electronic starter did not engage the motor - I had to use the pull start and ran it for a short period but it was still running rough - worse than before I took it in for service. When I went to start it about a week later, it would not start at all.
    I was told the work that was done was warranted for 90 days so I returned it for service. Service dept contacted me and said that I would have to pay for the repairs because the carburetor had to be replaced due to being completely gummed up with stale fuel, and the air filter needed to be changed. How is it that The person I spoke with in the repair dept stated he was the service manager, but his complete disregard for any professionalism total lack of and customer service skills makes me doubt his stated position. I have been trying to resolve this for more than a month now (more than 3 months total) to no avail. The mower was returned to the store yesterday with no repairs having been made.
    Bottom line, the repair dept did not repair the original complaints with the mower - they made them worse, as the mower does not even start and they are refusing to make any repairs - even to what they admittedly did to repair correctly. It should be obvious to anyone who owns a gasoline motor that the reasons they gave are very far reaching.
    I need to be able to have one point of contact with Sears that can see these repairs through and be reimbursed for the fin received due to Sears' negligence with this mower.

1. In response to benkebm

Hi there, benkebm! Thanks for posting your experience on the MySears Community today. I am sorry you have had such a difficult time with that mower repair. I am going to escalate this to the SearsCares team. They can follow up with you on this.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once they do, I will let you know via and email which includes a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

2. In response to benkebm

Have not heard anything yet

3. In response to benkebm

benkebm,
      Thank you for taking time to inform us about your recent experience with the service of your lawn mower. We apologize for any frustrations you have experienced with the repair attempt and for the time you were without your mower. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to look into this matter and have a case manager address any concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the lawnmower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (benkebm), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
      Thank you,
      Kurt M.

4. In response to benkebm

Well it has now been three days since I emailed the requested information and have not received a call from Sears yet.

5. In response to benkebm

Hi benkebm,

We appreciate you stopping in and providing an update on your status. I have forwarded your concerns to our Sears Cares team for contact.

Thank you!

6. In response to benkebm

It has now been two weeks and I still have not been able to speak to anyone!
      I did finally get a call on the 21st, but they called my cell and left a voicemail which I got latter that day. I called back twice, no answer, and left a voicemail each time. The team members message on the voicemail said that my call would be returned the next business day. But have received no return call.
      When I emailed the team, I included two contact numbers because my cell does not receive a good signal in my home. When I did not answer the cell, why did they not try my home #????

7. In response to benkebm

benkebm,

We're sorry that you've not been able to speak directly to your case manager. We will forward your post along with a contact notice to your case manager for assistance.

Thank you,
      David W.

8. In response to benkebm

I still have not heard anything from anyone at Sears to resolve this issue!!!!
      Does anyone at Sears know what Customer Care is????
      All that is being done is pushing messages from one person to the next. Thde four people (DavidW, WendyFD, KurtM, JulieK) who have responded to my posts have done absolutely nothing to resolve this issue.
      The labor costs for the combined time of these people along with the time of Sears associates on phone calls has already exceeded the cost to correct the original issue.
      I am currently putting another purchase on hold awaiting the resolve in this issue. I have have made so many purchases with Sears, even paying more, over the past 25 years becuase Of Sears' Customer Service. It is apparent the service is no longer a a reason to drive further and pay more.
      Can anyone at Sears act in accordance with their job title and care about the customer?

9. In response to benkebm

Hi, benkebm. Thanks for letting us know you have not been able to reach your case manager. I escalated your concerns to the case manager who will attempt to contact you by phone again.

Thanks for reaching out, we look forward to speaking with you by phone soon.

10. In response to benkebm

Curious to know if you ever got this resolved. We are in a similar issue now and not getting anywhere with Sears!

11. In response to benkebm

Hello elb309,

We'd be more than happy to offer our assistance to help resolve your current situation.If you would like to speak with us and discuss this situation in further detail, we encourage you to please send the following information – contact #, screen name (elb309), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we will reach out.

Thank you,
      Dianne D.

12. In response to benkebm

No, no one at sears has tried to contact me again by phone email or snail mail. I have provided them two different phone numbers with the best time to call, email and home address. I am done with this method to resolve my issue. I am only here now to print off the communications to enclose with the certified, return receipt signature required letter I am mailing addressed to the CEO

13. In response to benkebm

Hi benkebm,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the failed communication. We realize it is important to have your inquiry addressed in a timely manner. We have forwarded your post to our case management team for further assistance.

Thank you,

Brian R.
      Sears Social Media Support

5. I've been trying to email Sears about my car for weeks to no avail and honestly they can't fix the fact that their service could have harmed me. All I want is for them to know how some sears automotive centers are not just ripping people off, but actually not doing their jobs and to have the sensor they clearly broke while not doing their jobs properly replaced. On November the 3rd I paid the Sears Automotive dept. in Muncy Pa. to evaluate my brakes because they were making a crunching noise and change my oil. After their evaluation they said my back brakes were good and the front were bad. They recommended me to replace my battery as well. I had the front brakes replaced while driving home I could still hear the sound and my brake pad like came on. It was not on when I took the car in. I called they said to bring it back and they would reset the light. I live 50 miles from sears and I brought my car there because I thought they were honest and they have accommodating weekend hours. I also noticed the noise that I took my car in for was getting worse. I am a traveling sales person and I hadn't had time to return my car for the light. While traveling my brakes seemed to be sticking so I stopped at a garage on my way home to have them looked at. They told me I basically didn't have any back brakes the brake pad were completely worn through. This upset me very much I paid Sears 653.20 for all the services to find obviously they didn't perform the brake evaluation or they would have replaced my back brakes as well. This could have cost me my life! It was a total of 17days between when sears looked at my car and when LMR fixed my car. LMR returned my brakes to me to show me how badly the brakes were worn. They also told me the reason my light was on was because the wire was broke and someone tried to tape it up to hide it. They gave me a written avadavat that says the brakes could not have worn that badly in 17days and stating that the brake pad worn warning light sensor was cut. I have the original receipt from sears showing me, my brakes were good, which is completely false. A part of me feels I should be taking sears to court. For all I know my front brakes were fine and they replaced good brakes. I feel completely ripped off, but all I want is my light fixed properly and I will never return my car to sears EVER! I do have my original papers saying the brakes are good and any warning lights that were on when the car was serviced, I have the bad brakes that LMR took off and an avadavat that states the brakes could not have worn that badly in 17 days and that the brake light sensor on the car was broke then taped.

Crystal G.

1. In response to crystalpez

Hi Crystal!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on this issue for your concerns are very important to us. We would like to help you further by having our Sears Cares team contact you on this issue.

Once one of our team members responds I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back to your post for further contact.

Thank you!

2. In response to crystalpez

Crystalpez,
      My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We thank you for posting about this matter. We can truly understand how frustrating this situation has been for you. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (crystalpez), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

6. I have been trying all morning to resolve a problem I have with sears all I keep getting is round and round information. This company is awful you put false information on the internet with wrong prices then you refuse to honor it then you refuse to send my complain to anywhere else but a group of employees who keep saying the same thing that can answer your questions or resolve your problems. If you are not going to honor a price then it should not be on the web and you should not be telling your customers that you can change a price at any time you feel like it. if the price is there you should honor it i dont care what kind of thing you have in place in a pricing error its one customer out out millions. you are a horrible organization with what is the email where i can contact corporate office as the one i has is being returned. they refused to give me a number to contact someone else. I am also going to the media to let them know how sears really works

1. In response to JDPOST

Hi there, JDPOST! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for sharing your experience on our community today. I am so sorry to hear you have had trouble with your order. I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the Online Team.

2. In response to JDPOST

passing on to your online team does not correct the fact you posted something on the internet and you are not honoring the price

3. In response to JDPOST

Members get 10% in points with your Sears Card.
      Earn 5% after first $1000. Points redeemable through 1/31/14.
      Restrictions apply learn more
      Product Image
      Craftsman 6-Drawer Homeowner Tool Center with Bulk Storage Panel Door

Free Shipping

Free Store Pickup
      Arrives by Dec 18

Qty
      Save for Later | Remove
      $149.99
      $ 53.99
      Price Breakdown
      Sold by Sears and Fulfilled by Sears
      Item #00913751000 Mfr. Model #113435
      Add this item to Layaway
      here is the item when i put in my basket it went to 99.00 then the next day after i complained about not being able to buy it they changed the website and would not honor the price

7. I have had nothing but run around answers and no help whatsoever from anyone at Sears customer service. This has left me with such distaste for the company it's unreal. Customer Service 10 years ago with Sears compared to CS with them today is totally different. I've been having issues with my vacuum. It has been back and forth with them for repair after repair after repair. I have warranty and am covered but the way it was explained is that i am not covered for replacement. After taking the vacuum in more than 4 times in a year, Sears still won't replace it. It is a non functional vacuum that constantly clogs up. I will be filing a better business bureau claim. I've explained to them that i have scoliosis and am disable and cannot afford to keep bringing the vacuum in.

1. In response to Hyazback

Hi there, Hyazback! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question this afternoon. I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with your vacuum. I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team. They will be more than happy to look over your case and do what they can to help.

A team member will be by shortly with a response. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

2. In response to Hyazback

Hyazback,
      We apologize for the trouble you've experienced with your vacuum repair. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you directly and assist in address any other concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the vacuum was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Hyazback) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We hope to speak with you soon.

Thank you,
      David W.

8. Good luck getting an email where you can actually expect a response from Sears. I am about to begin a social media campaign to discuss the problems I have had getting customer support from Sears. I will share my story about how they left us without a working dishwasher for 2 months because they were too cheap to pay a technician overtime, and the techs they did send did a half-assed job of trying to fix it. I'm going to discuss how it takes a week to get a follow up appointment with this company. And I will keep doing this until Sears does what they are contractually required to do...send a technician to fix this appliance!

1. In response to alsandiego

I have had the same problem except with the home improvement department. I have had people from the window and heating department come down in May and had to fight for the appraisal. I still haven't received one from the window department.
      The heating department quoted me $11,000 and has no work. I told them my boiler broke and they still haven't done anything. I received an email from the DM and called to talk to another associate, no one will give me any resolution. Now I have to find a plumber to do the work before it gets to cold.
      The worse part is I am disabled and end up in the hospital in severe pain when the weather gets too cold. I already made one trip. The customer service SUX!!!

2. In response to alsandiego

Hi GirlZiro,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues in getting your broiler repaired as well as reaching out for help on this issue.

We would like to help in getting this issue resolved for you before it starts to get to cold in your area.

Your concerns have been escalated to our Sears Cares team to help you further. Once our team responds I will be contacting you via email.

The information that you will be providing to our Sears Cares team will be forwarded to a dedicated case manager who will help in addressing your concerns.

Thank you!

3. In response to alsandiego

GirlZiro,

My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to see that you are having such a frustrating experience with the heating in your home. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with your service. We would like to have dedicated case manager contact you directly to further discuss your situation and assist you with addressing your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (GirlZiro), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
      David W.

9. Dear Jrideout,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We are sorry for the trouble you encountered while trying to email a complaint to us. We would be more than happy to look into you concern, and ensure that it reaches the proper management team. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Jrideout), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

10. Hi,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I am not sure as to what department you are needing to file a complaint and why this email is not working correctly.

I have escalated your email to the SearsCares team for they will be able to provide you with the email that you are requesting as well as your complaint.

Check back soon for a reply.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

This answer has been removed.

See More