Question

Exceeded Promo Code Attempts

I attempted to use a coupon on the site(Promo code: 9700016227819338, $10 off $50 of tools valid through Jul.29, 2013) and after multiple attempts to get it working it seems to have locked my ability to use any promo codes at all!

Since this is a coupon that is availible and advertised on the sears website itself, I don’t know what the issue is and I was planning on spending over $500 tonight!

I tried calling tech support, as recommended in the error message, but they don’t know how to fix the issue, someone please help!

Answers

8 answers

1. Hi zxcbvnm90,

Thank you for waiting so patiently as I checked on this issue for you. I am extremely sorry that I was unable to provide you with the information last night as you requested.

The information that was provided for me this morning was for you to use save15, its 15 off 75. This code has been tested and is working properly as they continue to update the "deals center".

Please let us know if you are having any further issues for we want to make sure all savings for our members are working.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi Wendy,
      Thanks for taking time to look into this issue.

It seems that my account is currently flagged for trying to use a bad promo code too many times. I have also tried contacting support by phone to resolve this issue and was told the flag should be removed after 24hrs. I waited over 48hrs and tried again this morning to use a promo code. No luck. I am still flagged and unable to apply a promo code to my order.

Thank you for any further assistance you can provide.

2. Hi,

I am sorry to hear that the promo codes are not working for you. I know how frustrating this can when you are in the process of purchasing items.

If you can please check back periodically I will look into this issue for you.

Thank you!

3. Just wanted to clarify this was a coupon in the sears "deal center" so it should definitely still be valid.

1. In response to zxcbvnm90

More details, my issue is the same as the issue described here: https://www.sears.com/community/questions/invalid-promo-codes-and-exceeded-number-of-tries-allowed/

2. In response to zxcbvnm90

Hi zxcbvnm90! Thanks so much for letting us know all of these details. A member of the coupon team should be directly contacting you through your registered email to help.

Keep us posted on the progress! I think you should be set up to use that coupon soon!

3. In response to zxcbvnm90

I'm seeing your problem a little late, but did you try deleting your web browser cookies? I keep two browsers installed, so I simply jump to a different browser when they lock me out from using codes.

4. In response to zxcbvnm90

Many of those 16-digit codes are not properly programmed into the Sears system. I will sometimes let Sears customer service try to apply the code on their end, but they will eventually admit defeat. At some point, your company needs to investigate why so many duds are issued to the customers. Start with the free coupons issued with order confirmations, because I have never had those 9700* codes recognized by Sears.com.