Question

Getting a new cell phone soon!

My phone is not the greatest-pretty old and it freezes up all the time. My contract is up in a month or so, and I am looking to get a new smart phone. Just curious about what kind of phones folks in the community have.

Please share your thoughts! I would love to hear what you like and don’t like about your current cell phone. Taking all opinions into consideration with this big purchase!

Answers

6 answers

1. I'm going to buck the trend. I'm no iPhoner, and I'm not the droid you're looking for. I've got a Windows Phone (Samsung Focus, FIRST GENERATION). I love it! The UI is fast, easy to use (I found the screens full of apps too cluttery for my liking), it sips battery life compared to Android, there are some GREAT devices available now, like the Nokia Lumia 920, which has been out for a while, and the newly released Nokia Lumia 1020. There's also the Windows Phone 8X from HTC, which is slimmer and sleeker. All three of these devices come in various colors to suit your preference. Most important apps are represented, though not all, but there are clones to fill those few gaps. I've been REALLY happy with my phone, and will probably upgrade at some point to a Nokia Lumia something-or-other. I'm on AT&T, but there are lots of great products available with WP8 at all the carriers. AT&T just carries the flagship models.

http://reviews.cnet.com/nokia-lumia-1020/

As the phone hasn't been officially released for sale yet, this is not a full hands-on review, but it's as close as it gets before it does show up for sale.

2. <---- iPhone for a year now, hardly ever use the computer anymore. Totally amazed how far technology has advanced in our lifetime!

1. In response to madgolfer

I am leaning toward the iPhone, for sure. Thanks for the advice!

3. I have an iPhone and can't imagine life without it now. ha! I like the iPhone functionality and have other Apple products, so I am used to the setup. I have never owned an Android product, but also hear great things about Droid technology.

Let us know what you decided to go with!

1. In response to laurelS

I have the 5 since it came out and I too never had an android phone so was thinking about switching to the S4, but don't really hear positive reviews on it.

2. In response to laurelS

My husband wants to get the S4. He really likes the android phone he has now, and wants to continue down that road. We don't know anyone who personally has one, but agree, the reviews are hit or miss.

See More