Question

Good morning. I’ve got a Kenmore 630.1630 dishwasher that does not finish it’s normal wash cycle. It remains in the final rinse/drain cycle with 0:01 showing (for hours if I let it). I have used the cancel drain (china & rinse buttons) to end the cycle on more than one occasion. I’ve timed the cycle and noticed that the clock will add time somewhere in the final 30-40 minutes of the normal cycle. I’ve cycled power at the main breaker (off for 10-20 seconds) and attempted normal washes with no change in results. It drains properly. When I force a cycle to end (after the normal amount of time – 1:45 for a normal wash) there is not the expected amount of heat (as I have come to expect based on several years of past performance). I’ve toggled the option ON for additional drying heat per the owners manual. I’m thinking that this is likely a control board issue, or a heater relay, but I’d like your opinion as to what else it might be – what else should I be looking for? Thank you.

Answers

3 answers

1. Fred, you hit the nail on the head. Thanks. Replaced the heater - not an easy job - and it works fine.

2. Thank you for your question. From the description you give I suspect the problem is with the Heater assembly. If the dishwasher can not heat the water then it will run all day trying to heat the water. The control might be at fault but more likely the Heater Assembly is the problem. Replacing the Heater Assembly is a difficult do-it-yourself. You must uninstall the dishwasher and remove the side panels to access the heater. Having the problem repaired in your home by a technician would be your best option. You can schedule a service call at the Sears Home Services Web site. If you wish to try do-it-yourself then Google Bosch Heater replacement and you will have the option of watching a video showing the heater replacement. I hope this helps. Thank you for using mySearscommunity.

3. Hi there, MJGabriel! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for your question today. I am sure one of the Appliance Experts can let you know what the next step should be with your dishwasher repair.

An Expert will be by soon with a response. Once he answers, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread so you can view it.

Thanks!

See More