Question

Has anyone else been lied to about the sears credit card? I was told I could get cash from an ATM and found out that I was lied to I had to talk with some idiot from India who clearly could care less about sears lying about the cash that would cost me $300 per transationSteve Beck Colorado

Answers

7 answers

1. Same thing happened to me! I was at the cash at a sears location, and I was told all I had to do was give them some info for a sears card and I'd get 30$ off my purchase AND I could use it anywhere AND I could get cash advances.... AFTER I gave the women all the info, she told me they would send me a gift card in the mail within a week! A MONTH later I get a card in the mail and when I called to activate it the person told me, I CANNOT get cash advances, it's NOT accepted everywhere AND there was no gift card when I received the card!

1. In response to tabbb

Hi there, tabbb! I am sorry to hear you were given the wrong information about the Sears Card. We can get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, who can discuss this with your further and alert the SearsCard team of this discrepency.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once a reply is posted, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!

2. In response to tabbb

Tabb,

We are sorry to hear that you have not received your gift card as of yet. My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to look into this matter and have a case manager address any concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the purchase was under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (tabbb), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
      Kurt M.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. Spiderlips,

Please accept our apologies for any miscommunication surrounding your Sears credit card. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please know we are glad to contact Citibank on your behalf so that we may get your concerns promptly addressed.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (spiderlips) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi spiderlips! We can see if a SearsCares team can help look into this for you. Check back on the thread shortly for a reply!

4. When was this 'Sears Credit Card' issued?
    As I understand the situation at the moment you can get a 'Sears Card' which is only good at 'Sears Stores' (perhaps also K Mart)or a Citibank Mastercard with Sears name on it which should function the same as any other Mastercard and its administration is by Citibank, not Sears.
    I am quite willing to be corrected should my understanding of the situation be in error.

5. Like most credit cards, depending on your account you have a fixed amount for cash advances that you could borrow, you will, of course owe that amount back. As for there being a $300 transaction fee? That sounds awfully high and unlikely.

See More