Question

Have you ever tried a Soda Stream Sodamaker?

My family and I do not drink a lot of soda, but I thought this Soda Stream Sodamaker would be kind of fun to have around. I could see my kids having a lot of fun with it when their friends are over.

Do you own a Soda Stream? If not, have you ever tried a soda a friend or family member has had using one?

Answers

9 answers

1. My parents have a SodaStream and love it. The only complaints they seem to have about it have to do with the soda syrups getting a little pricy.

2. I was wondering is the taste is comparable to bottled or canned soda's? We do not drink a lot of soda in our family, but the kids get their cravings every once in a while. I for one am a water drinker and would use it quite often with the soda water.

As for the Samsung? WOW! I really had no idea that they even had this option, that is great!

Share your thoughts on taste for I am very interested in how they compare! ;)

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

When I first received my soda stream starter kit, it came with some samples of the soda flavor syrup packets. I tried a couple of them (lemon/lime and cola) and I thought they tasted VERY similar to Coke/Pepsi products. They even make diet flavors and energy drink syrups for Soda Stream now I believe!

3. @BlueCrew-So interesting about the Soda Stream in the fridge! Really great idea.

@Laurel-I think they would love it. It would be a fun treat and I think we would use it often for daily soda water with lemon or something.

Thanks to both for your feedback!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I agree, Julie! Let us know if you decide to get one.

4. There's now a Samsung French door refrigerator that dispenses carbonated water using a Soda Stream CO2 canister. Check out 04680813000 on sears.com and see the newest offering from Samsung's innovative refrigeration division!

1. In response to BlueCrewGuyInMA

I had no idea Samsung makes a refrigerator with a soda stream dispenser. Such a cool idea!

I own a soda stream and absolutely love it! I don't buy the syrups to make flavored colas as I am not a huge fan of cola, but I do like soda water a lot and drink a bottle or two a day! For me, the carbonation adds a little pizazz and helps me drink more water.

I can imagine your boys would LOVE the soda stream, Julie!

2. In response to BlueCrewGuyInMA

I have one for the same reason. We love "fizzy water" as my boys call it. Totally helped reduce the amount of Perrier bottles we recycled each week.

3. In response to BlueCrewGuyInMA

Thank you Laurel! That is exactly what I needed to know. My kids get a little picky but I really think this can work for them plus save us money in the long run since they are not avid soda drinkers. ;)