Answers

2 answers

1. Thanks for the question about your ice maker not getting water. The issue with no water could be the inlet valve. replacing the valve will require you to pull the refrigerator away from the wall, un plug the refrigerator and turn off the water supply. Most valves are held in place by just a couple screws. First disconnect the water line comming from the house water supply, then disconnect the outlet side (plastic tubing ). Depending on your model there may be two outlet tubes and two wire harnesses to remove. Mark them so you will remember how they go back on. take screws out remove valve and install new one in reverse order. I hope this helps, let us know if you need additional assistance. Ron H.

2. Hi rj856! Thanks for posting your inquiry today on the MySears Community! If you could let us know a few more details, I am sure an Appliance Expert can assist.

• Have you purchased the valve?
    • Can you let us know the make and model number of your fridge?
    • Is this a newly installed refrigerator?

I am going to pass this along to the Experts, but if you could provide the answers to the above questions, it will allow them to give you a more exact response. Thanks!

See More