Question

Having to wait 9 days for a dryer repair (dryer is less than a year old) is ridiculous! Just got off the phone with “Customer Care”. I really think the name should be changed to “No Customer Care”! The 3 people that I talked to trying to set up a repair time for my dryer that we purchased an extended warranty for all asked, “How is your day going?, What is your name , phone number, address, then what can I help you with?” Three times I had to answer these same questions, repeat my name and phone number to 2 of them a second time! Then I’m told it is scheduled for June 27th (9 days later)! When I asked what I was supposed to do in the meantime they said that I could be reimbursed for taking my clothes somewhere to dry them, or I could rent a dryer. Well what am I supposed to do with the non functioning Kenmore dryer? I had no idea that the repair people will not came out for weeks when we purchased the extended warranty. We have purchased many appliances over our 32 years of marriage and have just recently purchased a washing machine, dryer, and television from Sears because we thought it was an upstanding company (My uncle was a Sears repairman all of his life and he believed in your company, but he would be ashamed of how the customers are being treated now), but now I have to say…I won’t be making any more purchases for Sears if this is not taken care of in a more timely manner. Is there any way to get this repair done sooner?

Answers

4 answers

• San Jose, CA

What kind of response time was common, when your uncle was working as a Repair Technician?

• San Jose, CA

Don't forget to factor in parts ordering and second visit replacement are rediagnosing time.

1. Hi Tina146! I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you are having getting your dryer fixed. We are so glad you are taking the time to share your thoughts with us today. We truly appreciate hearing feedback about your experiences so it gives us the opportunity to make things right for you. A SearsCares team member will reach out to right here on this thread. They will do what they can to expedite your repair appointment for you.

Check back soon for a reply and please keep us posted on the progress of your service call.

Thanks!

2. Tina146, I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We can see how frustrating it is to be without a working dryer and having to wait nine days for the repair. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your issue and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Tina146), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator