Question

Hi, here is a time-line of my nightmare attemt to order a washer and dryer at sears.com.

Hi, here is a time-line of my nightmare attemt to order a washer and dryer at sears.com.
11/22 Saw add for the washer and dryer we liked sale priced $499.99 and $599.99 good deal?????
11/23 Got up at 3AM to place order got through price $499.99 and $599.99 plus extras. Great placed order
11/24 Received e-mail saying Gift card value on hold will take 5-7 days to clear up. ???
11/24 Received confirmation order #431092213 at 5:04PM. Price has been changed to $509.99for washer
and $609.99 for dryer plus extras total $1224.40. What happened /?????
11/24 Customer service told me price would be corrected to sale price at time of order.
11/25 New add on Sunday had the same washer and dryer sale priced at $499.99 and $599.99 Should have
reordered but had faith that the pricing problem would be fixed. Not to be
11/28 Received e-mail admitting to pricing error from Nora K. just waiting to process correction.
11/29 Called to check on order several times, found fraudulent order on my account!! Fraud dept tracked it to someone else and said they would clear my order and e-mail me.
11/30 Called again (no e-mails) was told order was scheduled for delivery on 12/04. Great maybe we
can wash our clothes. Not to be!!
12/03 Called sears delivery to check on time for our order. They could not find my order and no record of
it. Now what??????
12/03 Call to cust service was told order was back ordered and not available. No help!!!
12/03 Second call was worse, after a lot of talk about order was told sorry out of stock click. AHHH!!!
12/03 Called sears orders to check availability of same washer and dryer and was told they could be delivered tomorrow 12/04/2012. Explained my problem to her and was passed off to customer service again. After much discussion, Heather said she would have to cancel my order and she
would reorder the items for me. Price now was much higher and discussed, she assured me that the price would adjusted to the previous sale price and because of the inconvenience sears would give
give me free delivery. New total came to $1633.45 but she said it would be adjusted to $1154.40.
(the original 1224.40 less delivery 69.99). Great, delivery date 12/06 won’t argue that one.
12/03 New order confirmation #437676226 but price still $1,633.45 (will be adjusted right)????????????
12/04 My credit card is charged $459.06 (plus gift card amount $1,174.39) total $1,633.45. now what
12/04 Received credit for shipping $69.99 Wopee
12/04 Cust service said don’t worry it will take 3-4 days to adjust the price. Yea right.%#$@!*&#$@
12/06 Washer and dryer arrived, delivery guys were great but still no price adjustment.
12/06 Another call to customer service, told to be patient adjustment is in process and may take another 3-4 days, no further help , just seem to get the runaround. Placed a dispute on credit card charge. The saga continues!!!!!
Now here’s the numbers Original confirmed order amount $1224.40 (should have been $1203.20) but I’ll settle for that. New order #437676226 $1,633.45, difference $409.05, Thats the amount in dispute.
Please resolve this issue now.
Thanks Bert ****

Answers

3 answers

1. I think customer service should give you a 10-percent gift card (reflecting the price) when they can't fix a billing issue within 24 hours. What about these poor people that overdraw at the bank when they're counting on that 'sale price'?

The horror stories are all over the 'net, but not just Sears. I'd like to see Sears value their customers a little more. Especially since the quality value of products have dropped dramatically. (My poor LED TV still collects dust after 1 year of service because the maker would not honor their warranty. Yes, I bought it at Sears without buying the Sears warranty. Ugh!)

2. N91729,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the confusion surrounding the purchase of your washer and dryer. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We strive to provide our customers with the best possible service, but understand it is a busy time of the year and it’s clear from your post this was not the case for you. Please allow us the opportunity to look into this matter and get this resolved quickly for you.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your, MySears screen name (N91729) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi n91729! I am so sorry to hear about all of this confusion purchasing your washer/dryer and the price adjustment. Please check back on this thread shortly for a reply from the SearsCares team. Hang in there! They will do what they can to get this all straightened out for you.

See More