Question

Hi I am a garage door opener model number 139.53930DM it goes up fine with the remote, but it won’t go down with the remote, and flashes 10 times?

Answers

4 answers

1. That the unit will go down with the wall unit and not with the remove confirms the problem is with the sensors not being aligned. The two lights should illuminate when the sensors are aligned. Make small adjustments since the unit did work at one time. It doesn't take much for the sensors to be out of alignment.

2. I understand how frustrating it is having trouble with your garage door opener not closing properly. We are here to help. The safety sensor are not aligned properly. The main indicator of that is, the 10 flashes on the logic board. Try holding down the wall control button and see if the door will shut. To order garage door opener parts, please visit SearsPartsDirect.com with the model number.
    Please feel free to let me know if you need further assistance. We are always here to help. The door safety sensors must be properly aligned before the door will go down. The sending eye should have an amber light and sends an inveisible light to the receiving eye with a green light. Check the alignment of the sensors. When the sensors are properly aligned the door should work.

Thank you for using mySearscommunity.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

It does go down with the wall control only, it won't with the remote control.

3. Hi rringoen2004!

Thank you for stopping in and posting your question for our Sears Experts to help you with.

If you can please check back periodically one of our Experts will be responding with some helpful tips to help in fixing this issue.

Thank you!

See More