Question

Hi, I have had terrible experience with the Sears, our microwave has stopped working for the past month. The sears center said they would send somone on the 30th and we were at home, taking a day of work from home. Noone called or informed it or showed up on July 30th. We were told the next date, AFTER WE CALLED is the 15th of August. This is unacceptable, I woudl rather throw this away and buy a new microwave. This is completely unacceptable, a microwave is pretty essential. What would we need to do to get this fixed ASAP.

we would like this fixed ASAP we have been burning our gas bills.

Answers

4 answers

• San Jose, CA

What type of microwave do you own? A smaller counter-top unit or a larger counter top or above range unit?

What is the long model number of your machine?

Is your machine covered by a Sears Protection Agreement.

The smaller microwaves are often Not Economical to Repair, unless covered by a free-parts and labor Protection Agreement.

Even then, the Service folks just have the covered machine scrapped and authorize a replacement machine.

A larger microwave has enough overall value to make the ordering of "minor parts" economical for repair.

These machines are NOT candidates for DIY repairs.

Good luck with getting your machine either serviced or officially declared NE2R (Not Economical To Repair).

1. Dear vtauro, Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulties you are having receiving service for your microwave. We understand how extremely frustrating it is for this service delay on an item that you and your family use daily. My name is Susan with MySears Community Escalations team. We would be happy to look into this situation further and offer our assistance to help get this issue resolved for you. We value your business very much and would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager who can help set you up with a technician and follow the service until it is complete. In addition, we'd appreciate the opportunity to address any other concerns you have with this microwave or with another Sears issue. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (vtauro) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon. Thanks, Susan R., MySears Community Moderator

2. Welcome, vtauro! We appreciate you taking the time to post your experience today. I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are having getting that microwave repaired. We can get the SearsCares team to take care of you! They will do what they can to make sure your microwave is repaired in a timely manner.

Check back right here in a bit. A team member will reach out shortly to assist.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks I'll be waiting. !!