Question

Hi, I was given a Sears Portrait certificate as a gift. I recently called to book an appointment for a family Christmas photo and found out that there is no longer a photo studio within Sears. How is Sears handling this issue. Will my son (who purchased this) receive a refund? Who do I contact within the Sears group? Thank you in advance for your help.

Answers

19 answers

1. Ccc11, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We appreciate you letting us know about this matter. We can truly understand your frustrations with not being able to use your Sears Portrait certificate. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss this situation and address your refund concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ccc11), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to speaking to you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Hello again,
      I did as you advised and submitted the above information to smadvisor@searshc.com. My son then received a phone call regarding the matter. The last communication was on 11/23/13 stating that they were waiting for a response from the processing team and would follow up with me within 48 hours. We have left several phone messages and email them directly. To date there has been no response. This is very concerning. I just want our full refund for the product paid for and didn't receive. Our receipt is in Sears name, our gift cert is in Sears name. We are very disappointed in the way Sears is handling this situation. (case# 1923602)
      Thank you.

2. In response to SHC-LizR

Hello again,
      Within 30 minutes of posting the above message, I have received a phone call from Raquelle in the executive office. Sears is offering me 1/2 of my purchase in the form of a gift card. My receipt is for $161.00, my gift certificate has not expired. I want a FULL refund (not gift card) for the amount that was paid to Sears. Why would I accept a gift card in the amount of $80.50... I purchased this for family photos. Sears cannot provide this service. I want a full refund to be able to purchase a photo package elsewhere. I don't think this is unreasonable. (case 1923602)

3. In response to SHC-LizR

Ccc11,
      We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding your gift card. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for review. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

4. In response to SHC-LizR

Thank you, I am looking forward to hearing from the case manager.

5. In response to SHC-LizR

Hello, I have not heard anything from my case manager. Who else can I contact? Do I need to file a claim in small claims court? This is not the way you treat your customers......

6. In response to SHC-LizR

ccc11,
      We sorry that you issue is ongoing. We see that our case manager has been trying to reach you but was not able to speak with you directly. We will forward you post to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      David W.
      MySears Community Moderator

7. In response to SHC-LizR

I would appreciate that. The only phone call I have received is the one I received on Dec 9 from Raquelle. At that time she stated that Sears was offering 50 cents on the dollar and in the form of a Sears gift card. I have already stated my opinion on that. I'm waiting to receive the full refund for monies received by Sears for product that Sears is unable to provide. Thank you.

2. Hi there, ccc11! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting today. We can get you in touch with SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They can take care of this refund for you.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once they respond, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread, so you can view the answer.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello again, I would like a response to my "acceptance" of the $160 gift card that was offered via email on December 12,2013. The offer stated it was valid for 30 days. My acceptance was dated December 30,2013. As of today, January 8, 2014, I have received no response. The offer was made by the Social Media Support/Case Manager/Zach. I requested that he email confirmation of the date the gift card will me mailed. Zack always states he has been unable to contact me. My emails are all received. I have never received a message or missed call from him. Would someone please look into case# 1923602. This issue needs to have closure. Thank you, Carolyn

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks for letting us know the status of your gift card, ccc11. I will forward your post on to your case manager.

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello ccc11,

We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you with the delay in getting your gift card issue resolved. My name is Mina with the Social Media team. We will forward your information to your case manager for attention and ensure that this matter is resolved in a timely manner.

Thank you,

Mina
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello,
      Thank you, Mina and Julie. So far I have not received the promised gift card ($160.00) or any communication from Zach the case manager. I will keep you informed the status.

Carolyn

5. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear Carolyn,

We are sorry for the continued frustration, and apologize for the delay in having this situation corrected to your satisfaction. We have forwarded this information to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      Brian S.

6. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello Sears Team,
      Another day with no response. Still waiting..........

Carolyn

7. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello Carolyn,

We are sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. I will forward your post onto your case manager and request a follow up call.

Thank you,
      Dianne D.

8. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello Sears,
      Today is Monday January 13, 2014 and I STILL have heard NO RESPONSE to my acceptance of the offer. The damage that your customer service is doing to your reputation is horrible. I guess Sears just doesn't care...... Still waiting...My case manager, Zach, does he still work for Sears? Why is he not following up? Is there a manager for that department that can step up and MANAGE? Very poor service!
      Thank you (I don't know what for),
      Carolyn (Case#1923602)

9. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear ccc11,

We are truly sorry your issue has yet to be resolved; in reviewing your case an offer was presented to you was the best available option. If you would like to further discuss this matter we would be happy to forward your post to one of our dedicated case managers for attention.

Thank you,
      Mina

10. In response to SHC-JulieK

I phoned Zach today but ended up talking with Tina. She informed me that my case was closed. She also indicated that I WAS NOT offered a $160.00 gift card but only an $80.00 gift card. I explained to her that I have the email with the offer, I accepted the offer within the 30 days and she said that it was NOT TRUE, my offer was for only $80.00, she said I did not accept the $80.00, the date of the offer was past and my case is now closed! I cannot believe the dishonesty and deceit! How can I magically make an email from Zach at Sears appear in my inbox and have it say $160? They are calling me a liar! This corporation is horrid! I will now pursue this in small claims court, contact my local District Attorney's Office, and contact our local television media that has a troubleshooter. I will show them the copies of the emails I have received and emails I have sent to Zach. I will also show the emails that I have posted on this site. This is unbelievable.
      Thank you for nothing, Sears.
      Case 1923602

See More