Question

Hi my kenmore gas range oven is not working .a bright orange light come all the setting is working but my oven is not getting warm or to the temperature I need it to be that I could bake or cooking in it .so what should I do?

Answers

6 answers

1. Bakerneedhelp: Based on your symptom and details, the igniter is likey too weak to pull enough current to open the gas valve. If you were to remove and replace the glow bar igniter, your oven burner would most likely ignite and operate normally again.

1. In response to SHC-JoeyS

Ok thanks

2. Hi Bakerneedhelp, I am sorry you are having this problem with the oven on your range. It seems that the orange light you are seeing is the igniter for the oven, but there is no gas to make the flame light in the burner. This I am afraid is the sensor or the gas valve and would need to have a technician located under this number, 1-888-266-6317 come out to check and repair the range. If you have any other questions please reply to this thread. Bill

1. In response to SHC-BillW

Ok thank you do much

3. Hi there, Bakerneedhelp! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today. I am sure one of the Appliance Experts will be able to help troubleshoot your range. If you could also provide the model number, that would be useful to ensure they are giving you the most accurate answer.

An Expert will be by in a bit with an answer. Once he does, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

It's kemore gas range model 73234

See More