Question

How can I exercise my mattress warranty when we are not physically capable of performing the required steps to submit a claim?

My husband and I both have bad backs. We have more herniated discs than a back clinic. So for our wedding gift from my parents a good mattress was important. Within a year it started to really really sag, so I contacted Sears to execute the warranty. We haven’t done anything about it because our backs can’t perform the instructions! Ok, this is seriously no joke, and something to think about when buying products with warranties, what do you have to do to exercise the warranty? For a Sears mattress warranty, this is what you have to do…. Keep in mind we paid extra for setup because we cannot perform these steps on our own. And the fact that it starts with a supply list?! Ok….

Mattress Claim Measuring Instructions

Dear Valued Sears Customer

Thank you for contacting us regarding your mattress warranty claim. In order for us to process your claim
as quickly as possible, we need photographs with measurements of the body impressions on the sleeping surface
of your mattress. Please follow the instructions below carefully in order to assist us in accurately evaluating your
warranty claim.

Supplies Needed

Household string, twine, or crochet yarn. Although string provides the most accurate measurement,
a light weight broomstick or similar item to lie across the mattress may be used.
12 inch ruler or any rigid ruler with clearly visible measurements
A digital or regular camera. A camera phone may be used as long as the photos are large enough to
be evaluated.

Steps to Measure and Take Photos

1. Strip all linens from the bed.
2. Pin or clip a string from side to side directly over the deepest impression.

Note: For California Kings or West Coast Kings, pin or clip the string from top to bottom on the side of the mattress that
has the deepest impression. King mattresses often form a hump in the center of the mattress from normal wear. It is not
caused by a defect and cannot be included in the measurement.
3. Place the ruler vertically on the top surface of the mattress next to the string. Do not press the ruler into the mattress or
place the bottom of the ruler in the quilted depression of the mattress.

See measuring instructions photo below for an example.
4. Take a close up picture showing the bottom of the ruler so the measurement is

See sample picture 1 for an example.
5. Take a picture of the mattress a few feet away. This picture should show the measurement on the ruler matches the first
photo and that the string is touching each side or end of the mattress.
6. Remove the ruler from the mattress and take at least one photo that shows the entire surface
of the mattress showing the string pinned to the bed.
7. Take a photo of the silk tag that shows the manufacture’s name and the model name of the
mattress.

Note: The silk tag is the tag that is affixed to the end or the foot of the mattress
8. Take a photo of the law tag.

Note: The law tag is the tag that is sewn into the edge of the mattress.
9. Remove the mattress from the foundation and take a photo of the foundation.
10. Remove the foundation(s) from the frame and photograph the frame.

Note: More than one photo may be taken to show the entire frame.
11. Send the pictures along with a copy of your receipt and any subsequent receipts or include your
sales check number and the date of purchase in your request. We will contact you within 72
business hours from day we receive the pictures to discuss your claim.

Via email to rrpos@searshc.com Include your last name in the subject line and your name and
phone number in the body of the email.

Via mail to:

Sears Mattress Warranty Department
1300 Louis Henna Blvd.
Round Rock, TX 78664

Please include your name and phone number in the letter.

Thank you,
Sears Mattress Solutions
This message, including any attachments, is the property of Sears Holdings Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries. It is confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it without reading the contents. Thank you.

Answers

4 answers

1. Dear azbridgie,

We appreciate you for taking the time to reach out to us. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’re sorry that you’re having difficulties performing the process required by the warranty department in order to review any discrepancies of your mattress. We’d like to have one of our dedicated case managers reach out to you and provide you any assistance deemed necessary to make sure this issue is resolved. At your convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (azbridgie), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-EdwinC

Hi,
      What is the email address to send pictures and info?
      rrpos@searshc.com does not work.
      Thanks,
      Sean

2. In response to SHC-EdwinC

Hi Sean,

Can you please provide additional information so that we may connect you with the appropriate party?

Thank you!

2. Hi there, azbridgie! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for sharing your concern about your mattress warranty. This is a really great question. I am going to pass it along to the SearsCares team. They will be able to shed some light on what steps you should take to complete the warranty instructions.

A team member will be by shortly with a response. Once it is posted, I will let you know via email with a link to direct you back to this thread.

Thanks!