Question

How can I get an online order issue resolved when the customer service staff are rude and unhelpful?

I am extremely unhappy with the sears company right now. After being a loyal customer since the 1970′s- the service staff at the 800 number are rude scripted individuals who really make your blood pressure boil! I placed an online order on December 1 – 3 Christmas gifts. After 3 emails and a phone call, that the Order was delayed, I received an email on Saturday, December 28 saying my Oder was at my sears store and to go pick it up. When I arrived at the store, only part of the order was there. To make matters worse, I was told to call customer service as my order was cancelled. From there, I spent over an hour on hold, was disconnected, and when I called back I was told “reorder the merchandise!” – even though it was shipped. From there things continued to get worse. Today,Monday I received another email saying my order was in, go pick it up – I go – there’s only a partial order – again. I get home, there’s a message on my machine, your order is in pick it up. I want my order which was paid for, and I want it soon , I was not planning on gifts for Christmas 2014- these we’re gifts for Christmas 2013! Customer service staff need lessons on courtesy and rectifying the situation – not raising blood pressure. I am totally frustrated – why would I reorder the same items -which were paid for on December 1 and are no longer on sale! Totally disgusted – as soon as i receive my order or get some satisfaction, sears has lost me as a customer.

Answers

14 answers

1. Cmarinar,
    We apologize for the troubles you’ve experienced with order. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like to discuss this situation with you so we can research your order and assist in and addressing your concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Cmarinar) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

thank you david - I will be sending you an a separate email with my contact information. I am so looking forward to disucssing this with you as I am totally disgusted and frustrated.

2. Hi Cmarinar, Welcome! I am very sorry to hear about this disappointing experience. I can imagine how frustrating this has been right at Christmastime. I have escalated your feedback to our Customer Care Team who can help you address these concerns further. I will email you to let you know when the Customer Care Team has responded here.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out!

1. In response to laurelS

Thanks for nothing!

2. In response to laurelS

Hello Cmarinar,

Please accept our apologies for the aggravation surrounding your online purchase. My name is Mina with the Social Media Support team. We can understand that it has been upsetting with the lack of help you’ve attempted to receive with your pick up online order. We are truly sorry for the delay in getting a resolution to your situation. We’ll forward your information to your case manager for attention.

Thanks you,
      Mina
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

3. In response to laurelS

Can someone please call me to discuss my issue- it is even more frustrating that moderators write back - but no one will pick up the phone to resolve my concerns - it is now January 1st, one month since I placed and paid for an order that I still have not received but continue to get surveys from Sears asking how well was their service! Ridiculous - pick up the phone!

4. In response to laurelS

Mina - as you can see - it is now another day later and I still haven't heard from anyone - does anyone at Sears really care, because it apparntly doesn't look it. Another 24 hours has gone by, with no contact from anyone at Sears even though you have had my money for over a month and I still have no 2013 Christmas gifts and no one at Sears can tell me why!!!

5. In response to laurelS

Cmarinar,

Thank you for the update. We apologize for the lack of direct contact with your case manager. Please be assured we have brought your recent post to your case manager's attention and will have them follow up with you accordingly.

Thank you,
      Kurt M.
      MySears Community Moderator

6. In response to laurelS

Again, there has been no contact from anyone after waiting another 12 hours.. As directed, I sent David ( my customer care rep) an email with the information he requested bout 5 minutes after his reply. That was Tuesday am, it is now Thursday at 10:00 pm and I still haven't received a call, email or response! I believe sears has reached an all time low!

7. In response to laurelS

So again, sears has failed! After this post, I receive an email that my order was CANCELLED! At my request? Are you kidding me? I would not be asking for this issue to be resolved if I wanted my order cancelled!

SEARS - You people must really be joking and not care about customers or customer service!

8. In response to laurelS

Cmarinar,

We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for your continued frustrations and delay in contact. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

9. In response to laurelS

Ok and how many times does it need to get sent over before someone contacts me?

10. In response to laurelS

It's now been 5 posts and 3 days later - yet no contact - how is that acceptable?

11. In response to laurelS

In a word....NO. If they didn't you wouldn't be posting here. It is embarrassing to read their insincere posts which are nothing more than going through the motions thinking that they are providing service. Maybe if they spent time actually DOING something to help a customer instead of these mindless posts.

See More