Question

how can I get gas grill I deserve from my master protection agreement?

my original kenmore elite grill retailed for $1299.00. I paid $899.00 5 years ago. It needs to be replaced and I am being offered $600.00 from protection agreement dept….please help!

Answers

4 answers

1. Hybev1,
    We do appreciate your comments posted here with regard to your Grill replacement situation and we want to assure you that your interests are our primary concern. We are glad that the replacement option is available to you, and apologize that the particulars are what are causing you frustration. Without knowing all the details, it’s hard to give any specific information, but typically features that may have been more on the high end side, may be more common now and as a result the value of that model may be more cost effective. It’s similar to GPS being available in most reasonably priced cars now when before it was only available in higher end vehicles. Of course until we can speak to you more on the subject this is purely conjecture. We’d be glad to have a case manager contact you and discuss this further. When you have a moment please send the following information to smadvisor@searshc.com - contact phone number, screen name (Hybev1), and phone number used at time of purchase and we’ll be glad to have one of our dedicated case managers reach out to discuss this with you directly. Again, thank you for the feedback and we hope to speak with you soon.

Thank you,
    Brian J.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianJ-2

Brian...
      My grill is under a Master Protection Agreement and is from the Kenmore Elite Series. It needs a new ignition system no longer available thus the replacement order. This grill has all the bells and whistles and cost me $899.00. It had a list of $1299.00 so I hope you can understand how I want an equivalent unit.
      Saturday I went to some Sears stores to find a grill equal to mine. But for the six hundred dollar replacement amount offered me you are nowhere in the ballpark! Some of these stainless grills may look the same outwardly but are missing several components mine has. My model# is 141.16682.

David Demaree, a sales associate at Sears in Nashua, NH showed me the closest unit available to mine. It is model# 071-23665 with a list of $1299.00. It is on sale this week for $999.00 but this grill is not from the Elite Series! It cost one hundred dollars more than my unit because it has a feature I don't need, a small side oven.

Brian, I am old, handicapped and not in Sears desired 18-49 demographic but I and my family have been dedicated customers for well over fifty plus years and I have purchased MPA's on most items we own. Never before has the replacement price dropped so far below the list price of a product! I hope you can
      resolve this situation in my favor.

Beverly P****
      h***l.com

2. In response to SHC-BrianJ-2

Hi hybev! Your case manager will be in touch soon. Your contact information was removed from the public site for your security.

Thanks!

2. Welcome, hybev1! Thanks so much for posting your question today. I can send this along to the SearsCares teasm for you. They can investigate the details of your MPA, and do what they can to make sure you are satisfied with replacement offer.

Once they respond here, I will directly contact you so you can send them the resquested information to get the ball rolling on your grill replacement.

Thanks!