Question

How can I get help with a shipping refund?

I have become very frustrated over the past few weeks and I am hoping you can help me. On Sunday December 16th I visited the Sears at Virginia Center Commons in Glen Allen, VA to purchase the Cheval Jewelry Mirror. They did not have the item in stock, but said I could order it on-line at their computer. When I went to order it however, the only choice was to have it shipped to the store as the associate said it was not available to ship to my home. He reviewed this with me and told me it would be in the store between December 20-22. I got a confirmation that indicated the same dates that it would be in the store, so I felt comfortable ordering. (order number 443755657) On the 20th I checked the status of my order through Sears.com, and it indicated I would be receiving an email between December 25-27th on the status of my order. I immediately called the 1-800 number on the site to see what was going on. The representative I talked to told me my order was scheduled to be delivered to the store on December 27th. Given this was a Christmas present, this was not acceptable, especially since I was told it would be ready by December 20-22. In order to get the item in time, I was advised to cancel my order that was being sent to the store and re-order on-line and have it shipped to my house. (order number 445578843) I did this and went ahead and paid $107 for next day delivery, having the item come on the 21st. (The other option was to have it shipped free and delivered on the 24th, but I opted to pay to make sure it was delivered.) Later that day however I was sent an email saying my original order 443755657 was now available at Virginia Center Commons. Again I called the same 1-800 number to see what was going on. When I talked to the representative this time, she told me to keep the order I was having shipped to my home, 445578843, and she would take care of crediting me the $107 for shipping. I appreciated her effort and let the original order go through with being canceled.
I guess I should not have been surprised, but my order did not arrive on the 21st. I was going out of town the next day and this is why I paid $107 to have it delivered quickly. When I looked on sears.com it says it has shipped with a delivery date of 12/21. On 12/22 I again called the customer service line to see what is going on. I was told that the order had not even been shipped yet, and that if I wanted I could go pick up the item at the store since it was still there. I was out of town so this was not an option, so I asked if the store could ship it to my house, and the representative told me that they could not work with the store to have this happen. I ended up on the phone so long that my battery on my phone died. This problem was beginning to ruin my Christmas, so instead of calling back, I simply waited to see if my order would at least be delivered while I was gone. Fortunately it was delivered on 12/24, so now I just need to verify that the $107 for shipping will be credited. I just tried the toll free number again and was told their systems were down and they could not look up my order. I also emailed inquiring about the shipping refund and was told since they shipped on 12/21 and it arrived on 12/24, that was the same as next day. This did not make sense, but the original request for a refund was not about the shipping dates, but about a customer service representative who advised me to not pick up the item in the store, and that she would credit me for shipping.
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you promptly.

Answers

5 answers

1. ke182
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a disappointing experience with your online order. It is frustrating enough the order was cancelled and reordered, much less to have issues with receiving your refund in a timely manner. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (ke182) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Social Media Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Liz,
      I followed the directions from your post and have yet to hear from anyone. I have had extreme patience with this whole ordeal, so please move this forward as quickly as possible.
      Keith

2. In response to SHC-LizR

I have yet to hear from anyone about this. Please let me know what I need to do in order to get help with my shipping refund. I also now see on my credit card statement that Sears charged me for my original order, which was canceled as well as the new order, so I need to get this refunded as well. I need this to be taken care of as soon as possible.

Keith

2. Hi ke182! Thanks for posting your issue on the MySears Community today. While I am glad to hear the mirror arrived in time for the holiday, I am sorry to hear you are having such trouble getting your promised refund.

Please check back on this thread shortly. A SearsCares team member will reach out to get this resolved for you. They will be able to straighten this out quickly, I think!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I would advise the poster to dispute the charge with his/her credit card company and file a complaint with the FTC as per the information at the following website:
      http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm