Question

How can I get my carburetor covered by warranty?

Dropped off self propelled mower 8/24/2013 for no start hard start condition.Bought mower may 2012.Has a 2 year warranty.Received a call from Sears repair center approximately a week later asking what was wrong with mower because they could find anything wrong with it.I told them it had a carburetor problem.A week later I received a call back and was told I need a new carb and it would be $125.I asked isn’t carb covered by warranty and was told no and was told problem was caused by stale gas.This mower had fresh fuel when I was mowing and it quit on me.I live at the very bottom of Texas and mow year round so mower never sits for very long.The week before tech could not find a problem and now stale fuel caused a carb problem.Was this determined by disassembly or strictly a guess?Ethanol in gas causes many problems in small engines and this I believe is the issue.I have owned many mowers from Sears including 2 riding mowers and a multitude of push mowers in the last 30 yrs. and have had 0 carb problems.My family and I have owned sets of tires,water heaters,tools,stoves,freezers,air conditioners,mowers,clothes,etc. and are very loyal customers.All I am asking is for Sears to be loyal to me.By the way I am an automotive master technician and have been fixing my own mowers for almost 40 years so yes I do know a thing or 2 about mowers.

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear brew7,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are sorry that your mower has stopped working properly and that our repair center has given confusing information as to what the issue is to repair it. We would be more than happy to offer the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who can discuss possible options with you to help resolve this situation. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (brew7) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi brew7,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention so that we may try to help you further!

I have escalated the issue that you have been having to our Sears Cares team to see if they can help in getting this problem resolved for you. Once our team responds they will be requesting additional information so that they may reach out to contact you by a dedicated case manager.

I will be contacting you via email letting you know when a response has posted.

Thank you!

See More