Question

How can I get my photos from Sears Portrait Studio?

I had photos done of my baby on March 29, 2013 in Montgomery, Alabama. I came back two weeks later and discovered the Sears Portrait Studio had closed. I asked if the photos were sent to the store. They were not. I was told I could get a refund. I’d rather have the photos. No one had any answers for me, other than come back next week, or the UPS truck had not come with the photos. The photos are more valuable to me than the amount paid for them. I need the company’s direct number with a live person who can assist me in this matter. There has to be originals somewhere. I called 1-866-292-4949 and after several prompts, no one answered. I went to www.searsportraits.com and www.searsphotos.com and the message read, “Service Unavailable.” I need assistance in this matter.

Answers

22 answers

1. I am also looking for my pictures. I would just like them on a disc but no one has an answer for me. These pictures were hard enough to coordinate with my family. I hope someone can help with this ongoing situation.

1. In response to ayanni0611

Welcome, ayanni0611! Thanks for posting on MySears today. I am so sorry about your pictures. I wish this was not the case, but Sears does not have access to customer's portraits.

2. I had the same problem, and I still haven't been able to get my photos back. I would really like to get my photos since they were of my baby. I need help getting in contact with someone who can help me with this.

1. In response to ruizlovex3

Hi ruizlovex3! Welcome to MySears! Unfortunately, we have no access to any photo records taken through Sears Portrait. I am so sorry! I wish there was more we could do.

3. The operator of the Sears Portrait Studios was CPI Corp, which abruptly ceased operations on April 5, closing every outlet and abruptly laying off every employee.

Any photos which had been processed and finished were shipped to stores for pickup, however any photos which were not done in time are being offered a full refund.

More information about the incident here:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/business/economy/cpi-corp-abruptly-closes-its-u-s-portrait-studios/article_c160750d-2d53-5d59-ba2f-d177d7214673.html

4. AdamO,

Where are these "main processing lab facilities" located that you mentioned in your reply? Name of facility? City, State? ANY info???

5. NeedAnswersMom,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We're sorry to hear that you never received the pictures you ordered. I can understand the personal value placed on photographs and we'd like to help resolve the situation for you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (NeedAnswersMom) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any upset we've caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianH

Sears really don't understand us at all!! we don't care about a refund what we really want is our photos. If they cant print our photos anymore at least sell us the rights of our pictures. Please we been loyal to you , sears should do the same thing to us.

• San Jose, CA

Your point of contact should be the store manager of the store that you got your portraits taken at.

Unfortunately, the contractor who was in charge of the Sears Portrait Studio work has abruptly pulled out of the US Portrait market.

I understand, the main processing lab facilities are printing the photos that are in the pipe line and UPSings them back to the original stores that sent the work to the lab.

Good luck with tracking down your portraits, using the store that did the Portrait Photography work.

6. Hi NeedAnswersMom,

We understand your concerns as well as the personal value of the photos that you are trying to obtain.

I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares Team who will help in anyway that they can in locating your photos for you. Please check back periodically for they will be responding by requesting additional information so that they can help you further.

Again, I am very sorry for I know how valuable these memories can be for you and your loved ones.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I have this *exact* problem. Went into the store NUMEROUS times even though it is 45 min from my home because allegedly the portraits that were taken in the last few days were supposedly being processed and shipped still and I was to check back. Well, months later and no shipment and no replies from the store manager either even though I left my contact information and stated my problem very clearly in my notes. It just plain sucks. There is *NO REASON* that Sears should not have digital copies of all of those images. I know copyright law and they are owned by who owns you. Not by the subsidiary. And there are stacks and stacks of undelivered portraits still back there at that store that no employee seems to know what to do with. I asked if they even bothered to call the phone number on the receipt?? Kid just stared blankly. Anyway, I am beyond angry at this point and all I want is my irreplaceable memories and nothing short of that will be satisfactory. And I'd like a disc please of the last TEN YEARS+ we've been getting our family's pictures done there. I can never ever ever get those images again and I've paid thousands for them and it's not fair that I can no longer access them at all. :*(

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

And no, before you ask, no my portraits are not in those stacks of undelivered pictures nor in the "throw away" box either. I went through every single envelope hoping it was mis-filed somehow and I can tell you first hand there are over 50 undelivered portrait packages sitting in a filing cabinet in the now closed portrait studio. :/

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi Rachael9667! Thanks for visiting The MySears Community today and sharing your experience. I am so sorry that you were unable to receive your pictures. I know how upsetting that must be. I wish this was not the case, but Sears does not have access to your photos or your past sitting sessions either.

I am going to escalate this to the SearsCares team. They would be happy to contact you and make sure you are at least refunded for your past sessions, along with exploring any other options to assist.

A team member will be buy shortly looking to help. Once they reply, I will let you know via email with a link to re-direct you back to this thread.

Thanks!

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Rachael9667,
      Hi, my name is Kurt with the Sears Cares team. We're sorry to hear that you never received the pictures you ordered. I can understand the personal value placed on photographs that you are trying to obtain and we'd like to help resolve the situation for you. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Rachael9667) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any upset we've caused and we look forward to speaking with you.
      Thank you,
      Kurt M..
      MySears Community Moderator

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hello Kurt,
      I had many pictures taken at Sears that I didn't even get a chance to order, so they wouldn't have been printed. How can I get all the photos I took with you guys so I can have them printed? I would have never trusted my photos to stay on a site that would just shut down and take my photos with it. I have been trying and trying to find a way to get my photos with no avail. Please let me know who I need to talk to to get them. Also, has anyone found a solution to this problem??

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi there, pinkxcoco! Thanks for posting your question on the MySears Community this morning. Unfortunately, we do not have access to any of the photos take at Sears Portrait Studios. I sincerely apologize for this and wish there was a way we could obtain those pictures for you.

7. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I am glad to find this discussion. I have been going back and forth with Sears in Oakridge Mall/San Jose for months. No one has any answers except that they don't have my pictures and they don't have my money. I am told "a manager" will call me but no one does. I would be happy with a refund. I still have my receipt (which says "WE WILL CALL YOU" written in large letters across it). No one called, emailed or sent a letter letting me know to pick up the pics (of my granddaughter on her first birthday). This was a terrible, unforgivable way to treat so many of your customers.

8. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hello Kurt,
      I had my Sons first photos taken awhiIe back. I had planned on getting all the photos we took at that session printed. I had no idea the portrait studio had closed, I just found out today, I want to know how I can get all of them on a disc or mailed to me, something. I think it's very upsetting the parties; the photography company, sears or whoever have the copy rights of all these photos, should have emailed every account holder.Informing them that they only had a certain time frame to get any photos ordered. Its very unprofessional, im disappointed in all companies involved. I just hope im not to late to my sons pictures.

9. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi there, krysjacstrand! Thanks for your question today. Unfortunately, we do not have access to any of the photos take at Sears Portrait Studios. I truly apologize for this, as I know how momentous child photos and and they must mean so much to you and your family.

10. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Well is there any way to get our money back?? I have my receipt. I just get a runaround from the Sears where we took the pictures. It's always "Someone else will call you back." I just want my money back!!

11. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hello, I am so glad to find and follow this thread! I had my son's 18 month portraits taken on March 30 last year, the date that CPI *claimed* that they would still print pictures through. I never received them, but I did receive a full refund. Like many here, I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY PICTURES!!!!!!!! My son will never be 18 months again, and I cannot squeeze him back into the same special outfit that ALL 3 of my older boys wore at that age, much less will any other studio have the exact same background and props that we used in ALL 4 BOYS' portraits!!! Do you understand why these are IRREPLACEABLE?!!?! They CANNOT be recreated!! I have been holding out hope and literally PRAYing for over a YEAR now that somehow, somewhere, the *digital* files of these priceless memories will be found, recovered and posted for us to retrieve and make our own prints of. I don't expect a paper copy at this point, but I just hate the thought that these adorable photos we took the time and energy to have taken *the night before Easter* last year would not have been carelessly (heartlessly!!) deleted from cyberspace, never to be seen again!!! It is truly just heartbreaking. I have 2 diffferent 4-hole picture frames, 3/4 of the way full with my matching boys, waiting to be completed with these final prints in the 4th holes. Come ON, somebody, PLEASE! TELL ME that these digital files are on SOME hard drive somewhere, even if it now belongs to LifeTouch, or whoever bought out CPI's assets. PLEASE tell me they were not just wiped clean and obliterated??!! You just cannot do that to a Mama.

12. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi there, HeartbrokenMama! Unfortunately, we have no access to any photo records taken through Sears Portrait. I am so sorry! I wish there was more we could do.