Question

how can I let people know how terrible and disappointing sears customer service is? I have 3 major appliances with protection agreements and 2 currently having problems. I have appointments 3 weeks out even though I have the part and have had it for a week. My refrigerator has not been working since initial call on 6-24 it is now 8-15 and my appt. is on the 22nd. This is unacceptable!!!!

Answers

14 answers

• San Jose, CA

How long have you owned your ailing appliances?

Have you had any of them go through the Protection Agreement's free Preventative Maintenance check process?

You have to initiate and schedule the Preventive Maintenance visit.

But, I think you might agree that preventing a break down beats a broken machine, awaiting repair.

Hopefully, that sensor you have will turn out to be the ONLY part in need of replacement, before your machine is back up and running.

Have you invested in a mini-fridge, while you're waiting for your appointment?

We use two mini-fridges.

1. You are very annoying, as a sears employee who's is always butting in with a level or sarcasm I find you very annoying, you need to answer this customer correctly and stop trying to make him feel guilty for your bad customer service

2. My "ailing" appliances are 5 years old and top of the line. I purchased the protection aggrements and have had them properly maintained.

• San Jose, CA

Umm... I'm not a Sears employee no more.

I find it VERY interesting that you feel you have any wright to judge other posters, what with your posted diatribe against any Sears efforts to help folks.

I was a Sears employee, a long... time ago.

So. I am aware of some chinks that could stand some attention.

The tip off to my not being paid to be on this site is that you will not find many/ any apologies in my posts.

Not knowing what condition and under what circumstances a person with a "broke" machine is in can result in some almost painfully simple questions.

However, you'd be surprised how many times that machine was not "plugged in" or the power to the outlet was "off", when the poster's machine done BROKE.

I have been the victim of non-functioning outlets, too.

The issue of a machine owner not using OIL is a long and painful journey down the "I don't need no instructions" road, that has prematurely destroyed many a gasoline powered machine.

Perhaps the posts I make ARE helpful, and you are a little-tiny-bit jaded by something else?

Did something of yours "break"?

If you supply the site with the machine's long model number, perhaps someone can help you out.

• San Jose, CA

Good for you! Preventative Maintenace has become a lost art on the part of many folks.

Having done the proper maintenance will mean the Service Tech will NOT have to check your power, clean your refrigerator's coil, or ensure the proper air clearances have been maintained, for optimal machine operation and longevity.

Hopefully, what ever has resulted in the break down can be quickly resolved.

In my case, there was a "blown fuse" inside of the Kenmore Elite dishwasher.

Granted, the "fuse" did not look like a fuse (white plastic with a resistor between its terminals).

And, the fuse was located "inside" of the dishwasher door.

But, the Service Tech had that bad boy working in less than half-an-hour after knocking at the front door.

Hopefully, your fix will be as simple and as fast.

Don't forget.

Cross your fingers. But, don't hold your breath.

One of them mini fridges is a really good back-up strategy to have, too.

If pictures could be uploaded, I'd show you our mini-fridges.

Good luck.

• San Jose, CA

What is your version of answering "correctly"?

Free stuff?

Instantaneous service, via transporter?

Feeling guilty or helping some folks realize there is valuable stuff printed in their machine's Owner's manual?

It has been my experience, working with many different kinds of machines, that things rare spontaneously self-destruct.

There is usually some type of procedure that has NOT been performed or was inappropriately done to facilitate a break down.

Asking some of the HARD, almost dirt-dumb, questions is how to prevent recurrences of the problems that bring folks to this site.

This includes unrealistic expectations of Service times.

1. Dear Skdnever,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We would like to apologize for the manner in which your repairs have been handled thus far. We know how important a working refrigerator is to the home, and we’d love the opportunity to discuss what options we have to help make this right. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Skdnever), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi skdnever!

We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your appliances since June, that is a long time to be going without the use of your refrigerator!

To assist you further I have escalated to our SearsCares team. They will be able to help in making this right for you. If you can please check back periodically a team member will be responding requesting a little bit more information.

Again, we thank you for letting us know of your situation and we look forward in helping you further!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thanks for responding however that is not getting my appliances fixed. My washer has been broken (not working at all) and I have had the replacement part since 8-12 and the first appt. is still the 22nd. I find it difficult to believe that is the first avail. appt. I have called numerous times to get someone out here to put the sensor in. I can bet if I did not have a protection agreement there would be a spot for me on the repair schedule. Because you alreasy have my money I am not your priority. That has come through loud and clear this summer! Please forward this to anyone who cares about customer service in sears!

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I realise now this website is a sham, no problems are solved here, no matter how simple. The Sears Toads spend the entire day writing apologies, making excuses and off course do what they do best, Telling Lies.

Why would I write, look at the frustration being exhibited by the vast number of your customers, don't you guys ever feel bad, about the deceitful things you all wright? don't you all realise that nobody comes here and leaves feeling that they came to the right place. How could sears get such a large concentration of morons under the same roof? Its just so unbelievable.

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I am also wondering if anything is solved here. I see lots of apologies but no real solutions. I gave my info to the sears team and have not heard anything. It is Friday so I can expect at least 3 more days without a washer. Thanks Sears!!!

• San Jose, CA

In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Have you ever noticed how few solved problems ever receive follow up feed back on this site. Hardly NO ONE gives a positive status!

This is a "clue" as to why people doing cursory readings of the site might get a negative impression of Sears service.

I believe this site is for folks who do not know where to go to resolve some of their problems. The site points the people in the correct direction or assigns a special representative to help the poster out, using electronic... "mail", resulting in no poster perceived action having occurred.

That, and the people who live in the world of Full Service gas stations.

I haven't seen one around here.

Self-service is becoming the rule, with ANY customer assistance becoming the exception.

I miss the people wearing those little red bow ties coming up and helping people with any and all of their problems.

They wore such snappy uniforms, that were color-coordinated, with fancy foot wear, too.

Oh, wait. I think those folks were Santa's elves, who were only around for about one month during the year and were associated with a LOT of flash-photography near the Winter Wonderland display.

As a little side bar; If you're... called a "toad" or a part of a collection of "morons" how much service do you think THAT person deserves or will receive?

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

You are right!! I am following up and it's all about apologies not actual actions to fix the problem. My problem has been going on since July and Sears is trying to get out of it.....

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi skdnever.

Twice now, representatives have tried to schedule my appointments a week or so out but I just go online and am able to make next day appointments.

Sears reps can't/won't explain why availability is different online vs over the phone but there does seem to be better availability if you don't indicate that you have a protection agreement.

http://www.searshomeservices.com/repair

good luck

See More