Question

How can Sears convince me of buying my appliances there after the treatment I received there yesterday?

My lawn mower broke, I took it for repairs, and they wanted me to pay. What Sears Bel Air Marylan general manager don’t know is that I’ m remodeling my kitchen, and I will be buying fridge, stove, and over the range microwave. Now, I’m taking my business to Lowes, at least there they haven’t called me abusive of equipment that I have owned for a year.

Answers

7 answers

1. Masetu72,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. We're sorry to hear your mower is in need of repair. We appreciate your business and would certainly like to assist in making sure your mower is back in working condition as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Masetu72) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Masetu72,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your repair experience with us. I am sorry to hear of the treatment you had experienced when reaching out for help with repairs and would like to help further in making this right.

Your concerns have been escalated to our Sears Cares team to continue to assist with this issue. Once the team receives your contact information, a dedicated case manager will be working with you in helping to resolve your repair issues.

Please know that once a response is provided I will be reaching out via email.

Again, we appreciate you reaching out to us today!

3. Sears has apparently decided that saving eight cents today is worth more that the potential future business of loyal customers. They do not understand that customers have choices, and the way that one situation is handled often determines if a customer stays (or becomes) loyal, or if they take their money to other retailers.

Customer service and a focus on satisfied customers is what made Sears great. Apparently that focus has been lost, and it shows in empty parking lots at Sears stores

1. In response to BigMike4511

Seems a bit premature to make that assessment based on this post, as there isn't any information as to what the nature of the required repair was nor the condition of the product. Perhaps in one's zeal to seem like an advocate for the little guy, one might assume facts not in evidence and appear to be trying to exacerbate someone's frustrations. How many people blame a machine for its failure when it's user error? I saw it happen just today. It happens all the time. It's human nature to blame the thing and not oneself. Is it possible that it's something other than a manufacturer's defect? We don't even know, as we don't have any details. All we know is that someone is upset about allegedly being told their product was abused or misused and that the repairs wouldn't be covered under the manufacturer's warranty. Perhaps "what was the problem with the mower?" and some probing questions about how the product had been used would elucidate things. Maybe it wasn't abuse. Maybe it was. We don't know, though...do we?

2. In response to BigMike4511

We do know, from the complaints that are posted here, and many more on other sites where Sears cannot censor negative comments, that many customers are unhappy with Sears and the loss of focus on customer satisfaction.

We also know that a loyal Sears customer left the store unhappy, and that they are not going to consider Sears for additional major purchases. From the statement made, the store manager was not able to find a solution for the issue, and instead let the customer leave angry.

• San Jose, CA

In response to BigMike4511

There once was a customer who brought in a very old walk behind mower, that had rust holes in the deck on either side of the engine, fully expecting to get his "free" lifetime warrantied replacement mower.

What does a retail store do with a customer that is THIS far out of touch with reality and whose expectations go so way WAY higher than anyone can provide him with?

Offer an equivalent powered machine, that is on the best floor sale, along with a 20 dollar Gift Card for him taking the time to bring in his old mower?

A brand... new, FREE mower?

That isn't customer service. It's helping to support a retail delusion!

3. In response to BigMike4511

The original poster had a problem with a one year old mower, not a rusted out antique.I would bet that customer you are talking about was basing the claim on the name "Craftsman" on the mower, and the hand tool warranty.

Apparently this mower would have been under warranty, but Sears is claiming "abuse" rather than standing behind the product