Question

How can the Xbox One be arriving from all other retailers but Sears is saying to wait 2 weeks for it’s pre-orders to arrive?

This has to rank as one of the worst online customer service experiences of my life.

- When I received no shipping information yesterday, I was told by Sears.com customer service that I should still receive my Xbox One that I pre-ordered back in mid-July on Friday. How I could receive it one day later if it hadn’t even shipped yet?

- Today, my order was updated to say I would receive my Xbox One between Nov 30 and Dec 3rd, while Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop and other big box retailers had their Xbox One’s being delivered today, as many people confirmed online. The reason I was given: “high demand”. What does high demand have to do with a pre-order not being filled? You confirm with the manufacturer you’ll get a certain amount of units and you allow pre-orders for those units and then stop when you have no more. How can that be screwed up?

- I called to have this confirmed and was told yes, 12/3, 2 WEEKS after my pre-order was due to arrive, is when I’d receive my Xbox One. This time, I was told the units hadn’t come from the manufacturer yet. Somehow, Sears is the only store I’ve heard of that hadn’t gotten their units. I then realized that my shipping was also still ground, to have my shipping upgraded to make up some of the error and lost time is the least that Sears.com should do. It’s bad enough you can’t fulfill pre-orders that have shipped everywhere else, but then you’re still shipping my item by ground? I was told that the process to have my shipping upgraded is to wait until I have shipping confimation and THEN it could possibly be upgraded. How does that make any sense, how can shipping be upgraded WHILE it’s in transit?

- Finally, I called back this evening, hoping someone could actually help with the shipping and after being told this time that it’s not even possible to change the shipping on an order after it’s been placed (terrible), I asked if a manager could please look into having this manually changed, as I’m losing a week already and going to lose another in shipping. After being placed on hold, the customer service person came back and said she “passed my message along” to a supervisor and they would let me know if my shipping upgrade request could be fulfilled in 48-72 hours BY E-MAIL!

I have never been treated this poorly as a customer online in my entire life. This is really shameful service and unless I get a confirmation e-mail saying my Xbox has shipped, at least 2 day air, I will be posting on every message board I know of for people to never pre-order any items online with Sears.com.

I can’t wait for the robot-generated, generically cheerful yet apologetic posted reply I get from Sears that offers no real help or to even look into my issue.

Just horrible.

Answers

8 answers

1. homeyfries,

We appreciate you informing us about your recent online order experience.My name is Kurt with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to speak with you and address any concerns you may have.At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was placed under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (homeyfries), you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Thank you,
    Kurt M.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-KurtM

Thanks Kurt. After you sent my issue, I got a generic response that shipping can't be changed, which I then replied to and another person answered me and after some back and forth, we stalled with this e-mail from her:

-- I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, but as I stated before, Microsoft controls what units go where and how many units they would like to ship out. The pre-ordering process fulfills in the order that they are placed. If we are only provided with, say, one hundred units and you are one hundred and ten, you would be in the next batch of units that would be shipped out once we receive them. The stores receive a certain amount of units for walk in members as well, per the arrangement of Microsoft. As for Amazon, Best Buy, WalMart, GameStop Toys R' Us and other big box retailers, this works in the exact same way. All stores are, basically, at the mercy of their manufacturers and how many are produced to us at that time.

I know you had Thanksgiving plans for your new XBox One, but there is nothing that I am able to offer that would get you one sooner than the two weeks when Microsoft sends our next batch of units. We are unable to go forward with finding another unit from a local store for you to pick up. Now, if you are wanting to do so yourself and then cancel your pre-order if you find one, you are more than welcome to. But this is not something we can do within our company. --end quote

I've pretty much given up trying to get this resolved, as this is basically telling me to go find one somewhere else and cancel my pre-order. I guess I just get it whenever Sears.com sends it and NEVER pre-order with them again and warn people to also do the same.

Thank you for trying though. I don't hold you or the people I spoke to before this last person that e-mailed me responsible for the ineptitude within your company. I do think her response is saying, very politely, "we're not at fault and it's up to you to find your own". Which tells me to move on from Sears.com after this is resolved, which I'll do.

Tomorrow is the 3rd and I still have no shipping notice, btw.

2. In response to SHC-KurtM

Thanks for sharing your most recent update, homeyfries. I am sorry this isn't working out for you. I am going to send this along to your case manager, so they are aware. Look to hear from him soon.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-KurtM

Dear homeyfries,

We appreciate you taking the time to post in reference to your issue. We've forwarded this additional information to your case manager for attention.

Regards,
      Edwin C.

2. Hi homeyfries!

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us in regards to the shipping of your order.

I have reached out to our Sears Cares team to see if they can help you more on this issue. Once a response post I will be reaching out via email to direct you back for further contact with our team.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Same here…haven't received my Xbox one yet. My Amex was charged on Tuesday but still no tracking info and item says its supposed to be delivered by tomorrow…what gives? The phone people are useless. I get a different answer every time I call

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi there, cb1985! Welcome to MySears! Sorry to hear you are waiting to hear about your Xbox order. I am going to pass this on to the SearsCares team. They can follow up with you on this.

A team member will visit in just a bit looking to help. Once they respond, I will let you know via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

cb1985,

We apologize for the trouble you’ve been having with your online order. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manager contact you directly to assist in addressing your concerns with this order. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (cb1985) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue.

Thank you,
      David W.

See More