Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

What is the long model number of your water heater.

How long have you owned the machine?

Has any Preventative Maintenance, like the yearly draining of tank sediment, been performed on the machine?

The Protection Agreement gives you a free yearly check of the covered machine, with your initiating the request and scheduling the time for a free Preventative Maintenance check of your machine.

Is the machine gas or electrically heated?

The gas versions use a micro screen to filter the air going to the flame of the gas powered machine, that can become "clogged" if not occasionally cleaned by someone.

The good news is, after calling 1-800-4MY-HOME, your repair technician appointment will be scheduled and COMING.

The bad news is that if you are in need of "parts" some time for the free ordered parts to arrive and a second appointment to install the parts will be added to your wait time.

Preventative Maintenance is a Good thing.

1. bobbiemontgomery23,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re experiencing troubles with getting service on your water heater. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and address any other concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the water heater was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (bobbiemontgomery23) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hello, bobbiemontgomery23! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear you are having to wait on having your hot water repaired. I can imagine how tough it would be to go more than a day without it. The SearsCares team can look into this for you and do what they can to help

Come back soon to view their response on this thread. They will be by shortly with a reply looking to help.

Thanks!

See More