Question

How did I manage to get such “wonderful” service?

Great service! Not!

I bought a refrigerator from Sears. I was near the refrigerator when the temperature monitor/alarm on it went off. The freezer was at 16 degrees. It kept rising. When it hit 28, we took everything out and shoved it into the other refrigerator. Still kept rising. When the temperature hit 37 degrees, it finally turned on. 37 degrees?

I called Sears. The refrigerator was only a month old. They scheduled me for service from 1-5PM a week later. A week to get someone to look at my fridge? If I didn’t have another, older one, I guess they figure you can just let your food spoil and go without keeping food cold. Nice of them.

In any case, 5PM came and nobody showed up or called. I called Sears at 5:20. Someone would be out by 7PM, I was told. The repairman had a problem with his truck, they said (they lied). At 7PM, I called back and asked for a supervisor. I was simply dumped on hold because supervisors don’t talk to customer any more, I suppose.

After 7, the repairman called and showed up near 7:30. He tried to justify why a freezer would go above 32 degrees “because the defroster turned on”. Eventually he changed out the thermostat.

Not one call from Sears except the repairman calling over 2 hours after the LATEST time someone should have been here. So much Thirty years ago I stopped going to Sears (after buying virtually everything there for years) over a refrigerator and the attitude of a store manager. I tried again. I guess it is another 30 years.

Answers

2 answers

1. Jaypezz,
    We are terribly sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with your refrigerator and the delay with your repair appointment. We can understand the urgency of this matter as a working refrigerator is essential within the home. We would like to speak with you and help find a speedy and lasting resolution.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (Jaypezz) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi jaypezz! I am so sorry you had such a difficult time getting your fridge repaired. I assure you that this is not how we want our customers to feel-especially those as loyal as yourself! Please check back on this thread shortly for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will do what they can to keep you as a customer.

See More