Question

How do I break the logjam with Customer Service?

On December 30, 2012 I ordered a Leick Riley Holliday 46″ Corner TV Stand from Sears.com.. The item was delivered on January 8, 2013. When I unpacked it on January 9, 2013 I discovered it was damaged in transit – 2 of the hinges on the unit had been ripped from their moorings. It was evident from the condition of the box and the Styrofoam packing materials that it had been damaged in handling. That afternoon I commenced a series of phone calls with Sears Customer Care to arrange to have the unit picked up at my home by UPS and returned for credit. I have now called them 5 times (basically every 2 days), each time being told that they were very sorry and that I would be contacted by UPS in 24 to 48 hours to arrange for the pickup. So far nothing has happened! The customer care reps will not provide their full names, telephone numbers or direct e-mails so I never speak to the same person twice. Obviously I am very frustrated by this unprofessional behavior and I want the item picked up and my money refunded.

Answers

2 answers

1. Bobd522, we are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your online order. We’d like to help. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Bobd522), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com – Thanks, Liz MySears Social Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

2. Hi Bobd522! I am so sorry you have not been able to make that return. SearsCares, the customer service escalation team can help with this for you. They will also be your one point of contact to follow up and make sure your package is picked up and your refund is received. Please check back on this thread soon for their response to assist. Thanks!