Question

How do I contact Edward Lampert, Sears CEO, concerning the incompetence and callousness of Sears Customer Service concerning delivery/installation and warranty service?

How many times do we have to wait ’24-48 hours’ for a product to be installed? On January 27, 2014, we were told by a Sears serviceman that we would be getting a call on January 28th to schedule a time to deliver and install a water heater. Our Kenmore water heater needed to be replaced and was still under warranty. No one called that day (between the appointed hours of 8 to 5). When we contacted them the next day, we were told that the delivery had been canceled. They couldn’t tell us who canceled it. They said that we would hear from them within 24-48 hours to set up a time to get a water heater installed. Forty-eight hours passes, and of course, no one calls us. We call them AGAIN, and the same promise… within 24-48 hours we would get a call to set up a time for delivery/installation. The SECOND 48 hour ‘guaranteed’ time period expired this morning and, in keeping with the incompetence of Sears, we again received no call. IS SEARS GOING TO CONTINUE TO DO THIS UNTIL THE WARRANTY EXPIRES? In the meantime, my family has gone without hot water for 8 days and counting..no hot water for baths, dishwashing, laundry, etc. What does it take to get this situation resolved? Contact information for Edward Lampert is requested as his attention to this matter is needed.

Answers

6 answers

1. Ultimately, the matter was turned over to a case manager, Sarah, who was to review all that had transpired from the initial point of contact. She called two days later (February 3rd) and indicated that Sears would not deliver nor install the water heater as originally promised. In addition, Sears reneged on the last week's promise to pay the delivery and installation charges.

After a week of dealing with Sears and their supposed promises, we still do not have a water heater installed. We have done everything within our power to resolve this issue, and through absolutely no fault of our own, we still do not have a working water heater.

What does it take to get this situation resolved?

1. In response to NeedAnswersinAL

Hi NeedAnswersinAL! Thanks for posting this update with us. I will forward your comments along to your case manager and the team.

2. In response to NeedAnswersinAL

Hello NeedAnswersinAL,

Thank you for posting an update on your water heater status. We can understand your frustration with the delay in resolving this issue. My name is Isaac and I’m with the Social Media Support team. At this time we’ll forward this post over to your case manager for further follow up.

Thank you,

Isaac D.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. File an online complaint with the BBB. It was the only way I finally got their attention and got someone who could actually do anything. There are enough posts on this board that are consistent. If they were actually listening to their customers you would not see the same rants on every product they service.

3. Hello NeedAnswersinAL!

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We appreciate you for reaching out to us. We can truly understand your frustrations with waiting to have your water heater delivered and installed. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to contact you and assist with getting your water heater concerns resolved. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (NeedAnswersinAL), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and look forward to speaking to you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

4. Hi NeedAnswersinAL!

Your concerns are very important and we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I am truly sorry to hear that you have been waiting on the delivery and installation of your water heater.

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team so that they can assist you on getting this issue resolved as soon as possible. Once a member from our team responds I will be reaching out via email providing a link back to this thread for contact.

Again, we thank you for reaching out!