Question

how do I drain the defrost pan on my side by side refrigerator

the drain pan is full of water and overflowing. I see no drips except for a very small one when I take out the water filer

Answers

3 answers

1. Unfortunately, without the model number, I will only be able to provide some general information. Some drain pans are mounted to the compressor. The heat transfer is used to help evaporate the water. If the tray is not fastened tight enough, the pan can overfill. Another possibility for a drain pan to overfill is if there is excessive humidity in the area. As soon as the humidity drops, the drain will stop overfilling. There is also a heater that can be installed in some drain pans. If you would like to have a technician check this, you can call 1-880-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. If you would like more assistance, please include the complete model and serial number and I will assist you further.

2. Can you get to the pan at all? If you can, you could try sucking up some of the water with a turkey baster or a small siphon with tubing. The idea is to keep it from overflowing and damaging your floors.

3. Hi kennethpeltz!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Do you know what make and model of your refrigerator?

Thank you ;)

See More