Question

How Do I file a complaint for a paid online order, in-store pickup, no product but charged when told my order was cancelled?

I placed an online order for in-store pick-up of an air compressor. I was told when I placed my order to wait for a completion of my order email before going to the store for pick-up. I received the completion email and went to the store an hour later. I waited in the store for the item for 30 minutes when a representative came out and told me “ahh we were going to call you can tell you we don’t have your item in stock.” I was upset as I needed the tool that day and ordering one wasn’t going to help. I was also told my order would be cancelled and that I would not be charged. I paid via Paypal and have confirmed that indeed I was charged. This has been a huge waste of my time and very poor customer service. I did my due diligence and check the stock, placed the order, followed directions and Sears got my money, time and I received nothing but a hassel.

Answers

7 answers

1. Wow, so umm it is now 19 days after I got charged for an order which I NEVER received or picked up from the store becasue it was out of stock and Sears DOES NOT return my calls and tells Paypal that I picked it up.

What I can tell you from this experience is that I will never ever shop at SEARS again. I will continue to tell everyone I know about this story. I honestly tried to solve this the most professional and courteous way I know how, but Sears's Executive Relations has failed to do ANYTHING for me. I am now out approximately $105 and a couple hunderd hours of my own time trying to resolve this.

Pure craziness and poor poor customer service.

1. In response to TPotts

Dear Tpotts,

We are sorry for the continued frustration. We will forward this information to your case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      Brian S.
      Social Media Moderator
      Sears Social Media Support

2. In response to TPotts

This answer has been removed.

2. Hello TPotts,

Thank you for bringing your online order issue to our attention. We would like to apologize for the trouble you encountered with your online order, and for the poor customer service you received after reaching out to us for help. We understand how discouraging this situation can be for you our member and we would be happy to have a case manager contact our business partners and look into this further for you. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (TPotts), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DianneD

This information has been sent.

2. In response to SHC-DianneD

So the saga continues with my Sears online experience and I am still out $105, lots of my own personal time, which is worth more than what I am out!

Sears was very proactive when they saw this complaint on line; they contacted me right away . . . I must say I was impressed as I work for a very large customer service oriented company. That's where the story turns. While I was called from a number that was unregistered (silly Sears this is such a waste of your money, just let us know you are calling, you might want to do a six sigma project to figure out how much time and money you are wasting with this process), they left a message and I immediately called back to be told by a long drawn out answering machine that I would have to wait 24 hours to get a call back. (Yes more time a wasting.)

I indeed got a call back and the woman was apologetic but basically told me I had to wait 7-10 days for a refund. She stated that she was sorry that she couldn't help me resolve this issue. How weird that you processed a charge (I get getting the authorization) for an item that was NEVER picked up! She told me she would set a reminder and call me back on February 14th to make sure that my refund was completed. She then said wait a minute, I can see it in my system and that they were processed within seconds of each other.

So I contacted PayPal and opened a dispute stating that I placed an online order for in-store pick up for an air compressor, received the completed email come and pick up your order email that I was supposed to wait for, went to the store to pick up the compressor to be told, sorry it isn't in stock, you can go upstairs and order it. Oh yea, I was supposed to call you to let you know about this. (Why on earth would I get a completed email before my product was picked????) (Sears had no less than 3 hours to contact me from the time I received my completed email until the time I went to the store to pick up my order!) (More wasted time and money for me.) Sorry sir, but I need a compressor today, I will have to go somewhere else and buy one (more time wasted). Is there anything I need to do cancel this order? No it will automatically cancel since it isn't in stock; I will make sure of it! (Yeah, that didn't happen.)

Fast forward to this past Monday. Again Sears calls from an unregistered number and leaves a message. (See the pattern.) The message states, this is so and so your case manager so and so would like you to call her because the store manager needs to get in touch with you to process your refund." Well steam comes a flying out of my ears because I was told that it was completed back on February 1. Yup you know the story here; I call back to the long voicemail message and leave a call back number to be told they will call me back. Still no call back as today is the 24 hour mark. (This is an efficient process and so customer oriented.)
      Next nail in Sear’s coffin as I will NEVER shop there again. Sears answer’s PayPal’s dispute with the in-store order number. . . . Well dang Sears that’s great but you didn’t give me anything. So PayPal closes the dispute and I have to yet again open a new dispute (more time wasted).

So I write this response (MORE OF MY TIME WASTE) and still I am out money.

3. In response to SHC-DianneD

Hi TPotts! I am sorry to hear you have not received your refund, still. I have passed your comments along to your case manager. Look to hear from someone soon!

Thanks!

3. Hi there, TPotts! Thanks for sharing your experience today on MySears! I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you had with that pick up. I have passed your concerns along to SearsCares, who will be happy to follow up with you on your refund.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will be sure to send you an email.

Thanks!