Question

How do I file a formal complaint with regards to the repair that is still not completed on my refrigerator?

It’s been two weeks, no repairs done yet. Waiting on parts… Tech has no clue what’s wrong… He States, we will try the board and the relay … If that doesn’t work, we will order the compressor… So it could be an additional two weeks… Is this for real?

Answers

6 answers

1. Your only recourse is to file a Better Business Bureau compliant online, specifically the Chicago, Illinois BBB. Sears' BBB rating still means something to them, and they will contact you quickly.

• San Jose, CA

The way most repairs "work" is start out with the most likely cause and replace the part.

See if the machine is working.

If not, move on to the next possible broken part and replace itl

See if the machine is working.

If a third visit is required, go ahead and replace the WHOLE motherboard and coss your fingers.

If the machine is STILL dead, the machine is NOT ECONOMICAL TO REPAIR and replacement machine paperwork needs to be initiated.

Welcome to real-time repair.

How long have you owned your machine?

If over one-year, has a Preventative Maintenance/ cleaning free Service Appointment ever been made for your machine?

Does the Owner's manual for your machine recommend using a Surge Protector with your machine?

Any machine, plugged into the wall, utilizing a "motherboard" is an automatic candidate for the additional protection of an under ten dollar surge protector.

Some machines, like treadmills REQUIRE a surge protector be used with them.

Good luck with your repair.

May Murphy be "kind" to you.

2. Jpappaly,

We apologize for the trouble you’re having with your refrigerator repair. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a dedicated case manager discuss this situation with you and address any other concerns you may have. If you would like to discuss this situation further, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Jpappaly), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Thanks,

David W.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

Thank you for the quick response. I have sent an email with the requested info

2. In response to SHC-DavidW

Great! We appreciate you doing so!

Please keep us posted on your progress!

Thank you!

3. Hi Jpappaly! Welcome to MySears! Thanks so much for posting today. I am sorry you are having issues getting your fridge repaired. SearsCares, the senior escalation team, will be happy to work with you on this.

Check back right here shortly. A team member will reply in a bit looking to help.

Thanks!