Question

How do I file a formal complaint?

Please be advised that I would like to file a formal complaint regarding the service I have received on my Kenmore washer/dryer laundry system. My initial request for service on my dryer (Service order # 41018291) was completed on 10/09/2013 by tech # 41018291. On that date, I had to pay in full for the charges of the repair even though he did not have the products with him to complete the repair. I paid $658.13 at that time and he refused to accept my 20% off coupon telling me I would “have to take that up with customer service.” I called your Customer Solutions department and spoke to Jazmin # 75960 to complain about my experience with the refusal of the tech (who also arrived 4 hrs late) and refused to accept my coupon. Jazmin advised me that someone would call me back within 24 to 48 hours. I never received a call back even though I provided her with 4 different contact numbers. The case number provided to me at that time was 1823521.
Three deliveries were sent to me over the next 8 days and a 2nd technician (tech # 794743) came to my home on 10/17/2013. We were both surprised that the 1st tech had ordered parts for my washing machine that was not broken nor diagnosed. I also had to pay in full for these unnecessary parts when the first tech came to my home. He replaced some parts but advised my daughter that we still could not use our dryer because it needed another part.
Today, 10/28/2013 a 3rd visit was needed to finish the repairs of my dryer that I have been unable to use for almost 1 month. My daughter took a 2nd day off from work (I took off for the 1st one) so that someone could be here. Tech #41018291 once again came to my home. He replaced the motor, which was not a part of the previous estimate or problem. I returned home from work this evening to find my dryer once again non-functional. I called 800-479-6351, attempted to file a complaint and spoke to a supervisor who identified herself as Bobbi #251587, manager on duty at Customer Solutions. I advised Bobbi of all the above, inquired why nobody had called me back the first time and made her aware of my dissatisfaction with the Sears repair process. At this point I have little confidence that Sears can repair my dryer and it will be difficult to find another family member able to take another day off from work. We are from a family of nurses and we can’t just call in sick! I explained this to Bobbi and she told me that I don’t have a choice. Either another tech will have to come to my home to get back the parts that were installed in my dryer before a refund can be issued or I will have to allow another attempt at repair. She also advised me that she cannot comment on anything regarding today because her system is not updated. She told me I will have to call back tomorrow because she is unable to make outgoing calls.
This whole process has been a negative experience, has taken several hours of my time, days of vacation time of my daughter’s without resolution to the problem. If I do not receive a response in a timely fashion, I will file a report with the Better Business Bureau as well as “Shame on You”. I have documentation to support every aspect of my complaints and reports to either entity will not portray Sears in a positive light. I am requesting a refund in the full amount of $658.13 or immediate repair of my dryer with compensation for the inconvenience caused to me through no fault of my own.
I have been given 4 non-working e-mail addresses for the corporate office to file a complaint and all 4 have been returned to me as undeliverable. Once this problem is resolved I will not purchase anything from Sears again…and I have been a loyal customer for many years.

Answers

10 answers

1. I would also like the information to file a formal written complaint against Sears. I ordered a product that I never received. I have made countless calls requesting the product to be shipped, only to get the runaround. The call center even had the nerve to tell me to continue shopping online! After waiting two weeks for a product that never shipped, I requested a refund that I have not received. I have made calls to the escalation team which told me that I would be receiving an email stating that my refund would be processed. This never occurred. (2 weeks ago) If anyone has any addresses that I can send a written formal complaint, I will be grateful. I will also be detailing my horrible experience on my blog, which my members frequently have used Sears in the past for DIY projects. I will no longer be recommending this company for anything!

1. In response to athomp008

Hi athomp008,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on this issue. I can see how upsetting this has been for you and am very sorry that you had to experience it.

Your concerns will be escalated to our Sears Cares team who will help to look into your refund. Once they receive the requested contact information you will be working with a dedicated case manager.

Once our Sears Cares team response, I will be reaching out via email re-directing you back to your thread for further contact.

Again, we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention!

2. In response to athomp008

WendyFD-2,

The issue of the refund has already been forwarded to the Sears Care team without any resolution. The forwarding of the request for a refund occurred a week ago. I was supposed to receive the product that I already paid for, a month ago. I spoke with a case manager who gave me no case number, or contact information concerning the refund. His name is Clint. He said that the issue of the refund would be "escalated" to whomever it goes to. I have received no other contact from the case manager or anyone else concerning my refund of a product I never received but paid for. Which is why I am requesting for contact information from someone other than in your department. This fiasco has been going on for a month.

3. In response to athomp008

athomp008,

Thank you for your post and for providing us with the information regarding your recent online shopping experience. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Escalations Team. Please accept our apology for the poor customer service that you have received to date in the processing of your refund. I read in your post that your issue had already been forwarded to the Sears Cares Team; however, I do not show that we have been in contact with you under the screen name athomp008. We would like to have a case manager contact you to get some more details so that we can determine what has been causing this delay so that we can then ensure that you receive your refund as quickly as possible. If you would like to speak to us about this then please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (athomp008), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
      Thank you,

Jack C.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. Dear mrohan,

My name is Susan with Sears Cares Escalations team. The repair service you outline above is very disappointing and we understand we've let you down and would like to help make this right for you. We strive to provide top notch service to all of our customer's and would like to provide the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who can help resolve your dryer issue. We value your business and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (mrohan) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.

3. Hi mrohan! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear of this disappointing experience you have had trying to get your dryer repaired. I am sending this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be your one point of contact to ensure that your dryer is repaired, and will do what they can to win you back as such a loyal customer.

A team member will visit shortly with a response requesting more information from you. Once they post, I will let you know via email with a link to take you back to this thread so you can view the reply.

Thanks again!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I just finished speaking to Angela L. who advised me that in her opinion my dryer is fixed and the fumes that were coming into my home were “just air.” She stated that she “knows this” because she “owns a dryer and read the owner’s manual.” I repeatedly told her that I did not wish to discuss the fumes but rather wanted to know what would be done to resolve my problem. She insisted that we discuss the fumes because of her qualifications both as a “dryer owner and consumer!” She seemed annoyed that I didn’t want to have that conversation and didn’t stop until I advised her that if I needed information about fumes I would call OSHA. Finally after moving on, she told me a “tech would need to return to hook up the hose.” I asked if it could be arranged for before 8AM or after 6PM (so I could be home) she advised me that this could not be arranged. After going back and forth (while I am at work) she advised she has nothing to do with appointments and would not offer a refund because my “dryer is fixed.” At this point, I asked what she could offer and she said she didn’t care to speak to me any longer. I asked to speak to her manager and at first refused to allow that stating she is calling me from the executive offices where she has been employed for 5 years. When I advised her that I would contact you again she finally told me she would have her manager, Debra, return my call. She refused to give me Debra’s number or any way to reach her directly.

My request is very simple. I want my dryer repaired or my money refunded. If I had a choice, I would have nothing to do with Sears at this point but I feel as though I don’t have any immediate option because I paid for this repair almost one month ago.

I am very disappointed after buying almost every appliance I own at Sears and after many years of loyalty. This is really disgraceful. I would appreciate if you would follow up on my complaint and find someone to resolve this matter immediately.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear mrohan,

We're sorry for your continued frustration. I'll forward your post to your Case Manager and ask that she contact you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Susan R.

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

I need someone to direct my complaint to whoever can address the matter. I have tried sending it via the email channel and the page will not send. It is beyond frustrating and I am highly disappointed at this point. So I will just leave it here.

Hello, I am writing to report a poor experience with a Sears auto/tire location. Today January 30th, I called to the Sears auto location at Chesterfield Town Center on Midlothian in Chesterfield VA about coming in for an oil change. I was advised by an associate that the location would close at 8PM eastern time and if I was able to get in by 7:30PM they would be able to complete my oil change. This location is approximately 25 minutes from my home and is in a totally different county. I have to travel very early in the morning so I wanted to get the oil change tonight so that I wouldnt have to make any stops in the morning before getting on the road. So I drove the 25 minutes to the location and arrived at the Sears auto center at 7:19PM. The man advised me that he was the one that I spoke with over the phone however at this time he was not able to complete my oil change. So I drove all the way to another county 25 minutes away from my home to get this oil change because he promised me over the phone that if arrived before 7:30 he would be able to. I am very disappointed with the customer experience that was provided. There was no concern for me the customer. An oil change takes 10 minutes I feel that this should have been honored since I was told to come in by an associate. I wanted to speak with a manager however I was very irritated so decided to use the drive home to calm down and just send my complaints to the sears corporate center. Hopefully this will get passed on to someone that can provide the feedback so that this location can provide a better customer experience. I like coming to sears for my oil changes and I would have gone to a different sears closer but that location stayed open later than the others. Thanks in advance for reviewing.

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi teshawnb!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I am very sorry to hear of this issue in regards to the service you had received. I would be happy to forward your feedback onto the appropriate management team on this issue. Please confirm the location below.

Sears Auto Center
      Chesterfield Towne Center
      11500 Midlothian Turnpike
      Richmond, VA 23235

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us on this issue for your concerns are very important to us.

Thank you!