Question

How do I find a Sears employee who cares enough to resolve my problem with a horrible product Sears sold?

The Kenmore washer I have should have been recalled due to numerous customers suffering from the same problem. While Sears did not do this, they sold the replacement part to other customers for a fraction of the super-inflated price shown on the Sears parts site (price shown is higher than the whole machine). I spent hours on the chat line and on the phone with Sears and they just don’t seem to care that they are about to lose a customer who purchased a number of high priced items from them. How do I get to one person at Sears who cares enough to resolve this?

Answers

19 answers

1. YOU WON'T THEY DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT ANYTHING BUT GETTING THEIR PAYCHECK AND GOING HOME

1. In response to gpc2012

I finally gave up and filed a complaint with the BBB. That got some attention and I was given over to a "escalation manager". I love that title! finally got my merchandise, but you should read the response Sears wrote the BBB. Told them how happy I was and satisfied. I am over this business.

2. Guess what? You still have not done anything except for a call on Friday morning telling me that I would have an answer by Saturday morning. It is now Sunday afternoon and I still have not heard anything.

Sears - STOP TELLING ME HOW SORRY YOU ARE AND DO SOMETHING!!!!

1. In response to 99slc93

99slc93,

We're sorry your issue has yet to be resolved. We'll ensure your case manager receives your message.

Thank you,

Brian H.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. In response to 99slc93

... and will continue to do absolutely nothing after that, just like you did so far. I tried so hard to give you the benefit of the doubt since I live in Chicago but you are nothing but a bunch of incompetent people with no desire to do anything to help your customers. I cannot wait for the "Going out of business" sale at Sears and KMart!!!

3. In response to 99slc93

By nancysmulligan posted 12-23-2013, 09:35 AM
      Charges made

I am horrified that not only have i spent hours on the phone with your incompetent customer service reps BUT had purchases made on my account that I did NOT buy. AND no one via SEARS.com can help me find out what and where the items were sent to that was purchased. Are youkidding me? Im taking this to all 3,000 of my friends and ALL social media sites too. My reference number is 609625195. I was charged on 12/22 for 2 purchases of 292.15. I was charged twice. I paid in cash which my receipt proves for my layaway in the amount of 295.59. I paid in cash to avoid using my credit card. I want this store employee ARRESTED and will be prosecuting this individual. I contacted the Vails gate store on 12/22/13 and on 12/23/13 and received NO HELP. This is the customer service a customer is to receive at Sears? I was robbed and then was told there is nothing anyone can do? How is it Target quickly rectified and credited people their funds in record breaking speed, but I did NOT authorize charges for a product/s I did not order or receive and NO ONE can help?

I am expecting a phone call back ASAP with clear information. My contract number was 90000196. You can find all my personal information there. In addition, the thie used credit card ending in 8518 on my account. Someone used my credit card to make these purchases, it should be quite easy to have sears review all transaction purchase via Sears using my credit card number. Obviously, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE CHARGES IN THE AMOUNT OF 292.15 IN MY ORDER HISTORY BECAUSE I DID NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING, BUT SOMEONE DID. Look below, it is right there. I want this person arrested, this is a felony in my state along with false impersonation. This is serious and was a breach of my trust of Kmart/Sears 2 days before Christmas. I had to cancel my card 2 days before Christmas.

Descending sort indicatorDescending sort indicator
      Date Descending sort indicator Description Deposits / Credits Withdrawals / Debits
      Pending Transactions Note: Amounts may change ( Learn More )
      12/23/13
      CHKCARDSEARS.COM 9300 WEST DES MOINIA
      $292.15
      12/23/13
      $292.15

4. In response to 99slc93

Brenda is useless. We need new CASE managers who are competent. By nancysmulligan posted 12-23-2013, 09:35 AM
      Charges made

I am horrified that not only have i spent hours on the phone with your incompetent customer service reps BUT had purchases made on my account that I did NOT buy. AND no one via SEARS.com can help me find out what and where the items were sent to that was purchased. Are youkidding me? Im taking this to all 3,000 of my friends and ALL social media sites too. My reference number is 609625195. I was charged on 12/22 for 2 purchases of 292.15. I was charged twice. I paid in cash which my receipt proves for my layaway in the amount of 295.59. I paid in cash to avoid using my credit card. I want this store employee ARRESTED and will be prosecuting this individual. I contacted the Vails gate store on 12/22/13 and on 12/23/13 and received NO HELP. This is the customer service a customer is to receive at Sears? I was robbed and then was told there is nothing anyone can do? How is it Target quickly rectified and credited people their funds in record breaking speed, but I did NOT authorize charges for a product/s I did not order or receive and NO ONE can help?

I am expecting a phone call back ASAP with clear information. My contract number was 90000196. You can find all my personal information there. In addition, the thie used credit card ending in 8518 on my account. Someone used my credit card to make these purchases, it should be quite easy to have sears review all transaction purchase via Sears using my credit card number. Obviously, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE CHARGES IN THE AMOUNT OF 292.15 IN MY ORDER HISTORY BECAUSE I DID NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING, BUT SOMEONE DID. Look below, it is right there. I want this person arrested, this is a felony in my state along with false impersonation. This is serious and was a breach of my trust of Kmart/Sears 2 days before Christmas. I had to cancel my card 2 days before Christmas.

Date Descending sort indicator Description Deposits / Credits Withdrawals / Debits
      12/23/13
      $292.15
      12/23/13
      $292.15

5. In response to 99slc93

Nancy, You live in NY and it looks like the $292.15 charge was for a store in West Des Moines, Iowa. Am I reading that correctly? That is very interesting!

3. Hello 99slc93,

We thank you for informing us about this matter. We would be happy to connect you with one of our case managers to look into ordering that part at a reduced price. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (99slc93), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Social Media Support Team

4. Dear 99sic93,

My name is Susan with Sears Cares Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that you'll work with one dedicated Case Manager who can help resolve your washer issues. We are certainly sorry that you've had difficulty with the washer you purchased from us and would like to offer our assistance to help resolve this situation. We value your business very much and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (99sic93) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-SusanR

Hello Susan. Let's see if we can find an intelligent response in regard to the following issue.

As identified by your technician, a part that is under lifetime warranty exploded during a final spin cycle and, in the process, broke a couple of other parts. The part that is under lifetime warranty is supposed to be made out of stainless steel. However, as noted by thousands of unhappy customers on-line (and I would be glad to provide you lots of links), the metal used is of very poor quality, it rusts and breaks frequently. Here is my problem: despite Sears identifying that the part that is under warranty is at fault, you are only willing to cover the cost of that part and you expect me to cover all the other parts that broke as a result. Please explain the logic behind this and please explain how you expect customers to believe that you stand behind your products. By the way, it appears that I was lucky. Several on-line posts noted that the explosion caused the washer to move and make holes in nearby walls. One individual who identified himself to be in his 60s said that he was still shaking 30 minutes after his machine exploded.

I can't wait to hear back from Sears. Please post the responses on this site; no reason to hide from other customers.

2. In response to SHC-SusanR

I'm curious, were you able to post a bad review about the washer on the site selling the washer? It doesn't seem there are many bad reviews on the products. Good luck with the IL AG. Go get em.
      The way Sears treats soooo many of its customers, I'd almost think they were trying to go out of business!
      The only thing they're good at is taking our money!

3. In response to SHC-SusanR

You mean liky my case manager who is not trained and did.t know my case involved fraud. Tell Ms. incompetent when people illegally use your card at SEARS, it is FRAUD. By nancysmulligan posted 12-23-2013, 09:35 AM
      Charges made

12/23/13
      $292.15
      12/23/13
      $292.15

5. Finding a Sears employee who can resolve any problem would require you to find a magic bottle on an island and uncork a genie. When you are granted your wishes, please make the 1st one be that Sears actually train employees on how to provide customer service. How to solve problems instead of saying they are sorry and doing nothing else.

1. In response to Sue-b

Very well said! I have had nothing but headaches with Sears and I am in process of reporting them to the IL Attorney General.

2. In response to Sue-b

mE TOO. i HAVE POSTED ON 50 DIFFERENT SITES NOW AND EVERYONE AGREES SEARS/KMART SUCKS ALONG WITH THEIR EXECUTIVE OFFICE. i ALONG WITH ANY OTHERS STARTED A CHAT ON OUR EXPERIENCE AND IN OUR OPINIONS THAT BRENDA IS AN INCOMPETENT AND UNCARING BULLY.

3. In response to Sue-b

Where can I find this chat?

4. In response to Sue-b

Awesome, I filed with the BBB! Hit them where it hurts. Never buying from them again.

6. Hi there, 99slc93Q! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for giving us the change to help on our community today. We can get you in touch with SearsCares about ordering that part at a reduced price.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will notify you via email with a link directing you back to this thread.

Thanks!