Question

How do I get a 6-month old part order problem resolved? I have spoken to PartsDirect, Parts and Service, Sears Research, and more recently Customer Solutions. I was rpeatedly sent the incoorect part and returned it each time until Sears Research (reference number 239507) advised me the “wrong” part was a substitute for the original. I took photographs of my original part and the substituted part to show the very big differences and why I could not install the substituted part. I was told I needed an “installation kit,” which i must purchase. I should not have to purchase another part to make a substituted part fit my refrigerator. If Sears changed the design of a part, they should provide the “installation kit” or adapter part with the newly-designed part. My emails have gone unanswered since shortly after March 6. The Parts Department (to whom I was handed-off by Customer Solutions) gave me a part number for the “installation kit” that turns out to be the entire base unit. The Sears PartsDirect website illustration still shows my original lower cover and part number with no note about substitution or installation kit, nor is such a kit shown or listed. Can someone please resolve this matter? Do I need an installation kit? What does it consist of? Does it come with instructions? Finally, I want someone at Sears to acknowledge that I should not have to pay for a kit to make the newly designed part fit where the original part did. I have not modified my refrigerator. I have not asked for a special or custom part — I merely want the lower cover replaced. What happens if next month a part to my Kenmore range fails and the replacement part has been redesigned by Sears to the point that a special “installation kit” is needed to make it fit where the original part once did. This could become a whole new revenue stream for Sears: redesign parts that require the purchase of an additional part to make it fit. I hope this explains my reasoning behind not believing I should have to pay for something to make a different part fit my appliance.

I have dates, notes, and correspondence for this matter. I have been unable to get anyone to help at any of the telephone and website locations I’ve tried thus far.

Answers

3 answers

1. Hello, Nnryengr109! My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry for the continuing problems you have encountered with your parts order. Having issues with your refrigerator is inconvenient enough but being sent the incorrect part would be beyond frustrating. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (nnryengr109) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. Again, we apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused you and we forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Social Media Moderator

2. I'm sorry you are having this problem getting the correct part. To get the correct part in some cases, the complete model and serial number will be required. If there has been a change to the part or if a kit is now needed, this change will be made by the manufacturer of the product and will then advise Sears of the change that has been made. For more assistance, please include the complete model and serial number. A technician may also be needed to actually check the product, to determine what will be needed. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

3. Welcome, nnryengr109! We appreciate you posting on the MySears Community today. I am so sorry you are having trouble with getting the correct part for your fridge. The SearsCares team can take care of you. They will make sure you have the correct part and are compensated properly. Please check back right here for a response from a team member shortly.

Thanks!