Question

how do i get a refund? sears.com is a scam

i have been trying to get an order cancelled since november 23rd. Each time i talk to a rep they say wait another 5 business days. I have spent 5+ hours on the phone and by email. Noone can help. Every person just says the order is being cancelled please wait 5 days. I do and low and behold it is still not cancelled. I have spoke to managers and manager of managers to no avail. This is a scam. All I want is a refund on an order I havent even recieved. Also btw this is for a christmas tree that I ordered on NOvember 11th the tree now says its coming December 26th! That will do alot of good. Please just cancel my order and refund! Not sure what else needs to be done this is not rocket science. I am very disappointed in sears customer service, or lack thereof.

Answers

6 answers

1. To Costake1,
    My name is Dianne and I’m part of the Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I saw this comment and I wanted to reach out to you to see if we could be of assistance with your refund.Please accept our sincerest apologies for the troubles you are having. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating and concerning this whole matter has been for you. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the freezer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Costake1) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-DianneD

I wish you could help me too. I placed an order in October, 2 of 5 items were received. Three sets of pajamas were not received. On the Sears web site it said one set was canceled. An email from Sears said one set was canceled and 2 sets were not in the warehouse and would be sent from a store. No pajamas received. I received a refund for all three sets and called Sears to ask about it. A phone tech said the check was an error because only one set was canceled. The check would be voided and 2 sets of pajamas mailed plus a check for the canceled set. No pajamas or check received. I called Sears weekly throughout November and in December a manager called the warehouse and canceled all 3 sets of pajamas and promised me a replacement check for all 3 sets. No refund ever received. I reported Sears to the Pa. Attorney General who currently want more information from me to proceed. To give Sears another chance I spoke online today with Sears and asked for a contact number to find out of the check I have is actually voided since we could avoid the Attorney General if I can just deposit the check. I was told Sears could do nothing, go to my bank. I do not want to deposit a possibly voided check so I will have to do the paperwork for the Pa. Attorney General and let them deal with Sears for me.

2. Should a merchant be unable to deliver by a promised date, depending on how the merchandise was ordered, they may be required by law to advise to and to promptly process a refund. The legal requirements for this are set out on the Government Website below.
    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm

3. Hi Costake! We can have a SearsCares team member help cancel this order for you. Check back on this thread soon for a reply. They will be on shortly to help.

4. If you purchased with a credit card (even a Sears card) contact the credit card company and dispute the charges. Failure to deliver is a reason for a dispute.

5. Did you actually order from 'Sears' or from a third party vendor who 'sells' on the Sears website?