Question

how do I post a complaint?

We bought a Refrigerator, Washer and Dryer about 7 years ago. I bought extended warranty that is supposed to come with a free yearly maintenance. I’ve never used the maintenance until last December when my wife said there was a leak coming from the washer. So I called to get an appointment to have it fixed and also service the other 2 appliances. They scheduled me for a 3-7pm appointment. A technician called around 4:30 and said he couldn’t work past 5 so I would have to reschedule. OK, so why schedule me for 3-7 if they can’t work past 5pm? So I got another appt, this time 1-4pm. I got a call about 12:30 to see if I could do it early for the refrigerator so I said yes, and he showed up and it was done in 20 minutes. The next tech called about 3:30 to say he can’t make it. Now get this, for each appliance it requires a different technician, but I only got 1 call. This tech said he’d be here at 8am, his first call tomorrow on Saturday. Since this was saturday I got up early and had everything ready for him. Never showed. I called 1-800-4MY-HOME probably 3 or 4 times and of course I got somebody different so I had to explain everything over and over. Each of them said that someone would be calling me, nobody ever did. So on Monday I called again, got the same bullshit, but rescheduled anyway. The appt was for today from 3-7. No show, I called again and talked to Jason who said he contacted the tech and he would call me, never did. So I waited until right at 7pm to call the number again and they are closed for the evening!

That’s 4 no shows by this supposedly reputable company for a simple maintenance call. makes me wonder if they take paying customers over warranty service calls?

I want my warranty money back and will never deal with Sears or their service again! This is complete BS and should not be tolerated by anybody.

Answers

3 answers

1. File a complaint on line with the better business bureau. It's the only thing they listen to.

2. Hello rickw69,

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. You have come to the right place. I can see that we have caused you some aggravation when we failed to meet your needs with your scheduled appointments. We would like to partner up with our service team to look into this issue. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (rickw69), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon

Thank you,
    Dianne D.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi rickw69!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention for your concerns are very important to us. I am truly sorry that our repair service had failed to meet your needs by not following through with scheduled appointments.

We would like to help in making this right for you by having your concerns escalated to our Sears Cares team so that they can assist you further.

Once one of our team members responds I will be reaching out via email providing a link back for contact with the Sears Cares team.

Thank you!