Question

How do u get ANYONE from Sears so called “Customer Service” to respond/resolve an issue? Paid $2,500 for a lawnmower and $650 for a maint agreement. Now I can’t get anyone to help with service, not even ONCE. Sears needs to either fullfill the maint agreement or return the $650. If Sears does not do one or the other options I’m going to begin the process of filing a complaint wirh the Attorney General in my state. At least they answer their phone.

Answers

14 answers

1. Ok Brian S.- I have responded with my contact info as requested-3 TIMES! Still no response from Sears. Frankly, I'm not shocked. Lack of Customer Care is the only consistant practice we have encountered with Sears. Now, let's discuss a FULL REFUND of the full amount paid for the Maintenance Agreement based on the fact that Sears is obviously not able to fulfill their side of the agreement. My receipt clearly is printed with these words "SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK". Please have someone contact me 9/24/13 to verify the address of where to send the check.

1. In response to bowmandebs

Hi bowmandebs! Thanks for posting your update. I will be sure to pass this along to your case manager. Thanks!

2. In response to bowmandebs

Bowmandebs,

We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.

Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

2. Dear Bowmandebs,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We would like to apologize for the trouble you are encountering with your lawnmower. Without knowing the specifics, it is hard to say what is causing this service failure. Nevertheless, we understand why you would be concerned at this point, and we’d love the chance to work on your behalf to make this right by you. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Bowmandebs), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi Brian - I am experiencing a similar issue with products covered under the Service Master Agreement. I have emailed your contact information with a brief description of my situation. Your attention to this matter would be appreciated.
      Allison

2. In response to SHC-BrianS

Hi tennisdunn! Thanks for posting today. I have sent your comment along to Brian and the SearsCares team. Look to hear from someone shortly.

Thanks!

3. Hi bowmandebs,

Thank you for reaching out to us in the MySears Community!

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team so that they may look into this issue further. This team will be able to provide options to help in getting this situation corrected in a timely manner.

Please know I will be responding via email letting you know that out team has reached out in offering their assistance.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Can you please provide your contact information.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Dear tennisdunn,
      We have followed up on your original post. Please refer to your original post for offer of assistance.
      Thank you,
      Dianne D.
      Social Media Moderator
      Social Media Support Team

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi Dianne - Provided the information your requested in an email. Still awaiting a response...still have my Sears product that the technician called a SAFETY CONCERN sitting in my house. Please contact me ASAP before someone gets hurt. If you are from the Sears Cares Department...your #1 concern should be safety.

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

tennisdunn,

We're sorry for the delay in response. We were not able to locate your original email. If you would not mind, could you please resend that email and make sure it is going to smadvisor@searshc.com. Once we have that information, we will have the next available case manager reach out to you.

Thank you,
      David W.

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Folks,
      I stumbled onto this quite by accident in desperation. Seems I am not alone. in May 2011 I purchased a floor model tractor/mower from the HAMMONTON NEW JERSEY" location at the salesperson's suggestion that the floor model was a good deal. I took delivery and put it to use. I can send digitals as to how well kept this tracotr is. My last Sears tractor made it over 12 years with good care on the Briggs engine. this one blew up on 8/18/2013, 3 months out of warranty so I called the store and the dude cut me to the quick and said call the factory. dozens of calls to set up, then a cancellation for repair, then a couple kind folks who tried to help -vs- a lot that did not. lost 2 days work over it. one agent gave me $100.00 card to soften the blow, another took off the $65.00 visit fee as they were aware of issues. when the visit finally came on the 18th September and the tech showed me a blown head gasket indicating it was common to the motor. real nice to know that. he was a good fellow and gave instruction and put a new gasket on and told the right briggs oil and amount as the first blow up put hot exhaust into the oil rendering it useless. I changed the oil on 9/21/13 put fresh gas and ran it and it seemd o.k., this weekend the 28th September I got about halfway through my yard and it blew again in the same fashion although more spectacular spraying hot oil every where. my last 2 days of calls have been a horror with a ruthless team. So he is coming out on 9/9 to repair the same issue again! they say they will only address the 90 days and I say not good because now my season is almost over, I need one more mow (hopefully stop borrowing mowers) then it gets packed up for the winter. so, when it blows next year it is out of warranty again. I have names, times, and numbers of all the foul people that treated me poorly. I basically do not want this tractor anymore and want a new one or money. I was raised on Sears trust and can send pictures to attest, dozens of Craftsman hand and powertools, edger, trimmer, washer, dryer, fridge, range, and a generator, and a Sears card for Sears purchases. THIS IS NUTS, this is how it is going to roll? My fridge had an issue once out of warranty and the tech fixed it as a courtesy because it was an "inherent defect" so maybe this Briggs engine does as well? one can see with the motor open a lack of a support stud that makes for a weak point on the gasket. The guy who came out was nice, and a tiny couple folks on the phone were o.k. because I think they know about the service issues. On the whole though Sears has been foul to this loyal user. I will send all particulars to the address listed but this open forum is a good start to indicate to anyone at Sears that I need help. I was convinced to buy a lemon and have been messed around ever since. I used Sears for one stop shopping but now maybe as appliances and equipment goes I should dtry to farm replacements out to other manufaturers?

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi there, Largo70! I'm glad you visited today sharing your experience with us and allowing us the chance to help. I am so sorry you are having such trouble with your tractor and it's repair. I am going to send this along to the SearsCares team, so they can look into this for you.

A team member will reply right here in a bit asking that you directly contact them. Once a response is posted, I will let you know via email.

Thanks again!

7. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Dear Largo70,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, and informing us of this situation. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the problems you’ve been having with your tractor, and the way you were treated when you reached out for our assistance. We’d like to talk to you about this experience, and provide you any available options that will help you for any future repairs of your tractor. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Largo70), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.

See More