Question

How do you get a response from Customer Service? I have sent email 3 times and no response although you are told you will get a repsonse within 24 hours. So…..I have sent emails to the CEO of Sears Holdings…if I figured out his correct email address (at least 2 of the 4 have not come back yet as undeliverable). It does NO good to try to call the store. If someone picks up the phone…they hang up on you. And FORGET getting a manager to answer. Poorest experience that I have ever had with Sears.

I went to the Sears at Triangle Towne Center in Raleigh, NC on Saturday, 8/31 to purchase a dishwasher. I have bought Kenmore appliances because my parents always bought them…and thought they were the best.
I was disappointed in the selection of Kenmore dishwashers, but I decided on one and purchased it. I was a little disappointed that you had none in stock that could be taken that day. I was told that the truck should arrive at the store on Wednesday, 9/4, with the dishwasher. This was my first experience with no cash register at the store and everything done online.
About an hour after I left the store on Saturday, 8/31, I received my first email that the Installation Kit was ready for pickup. Okay…I thought. On Tuesday, 9/3, I received another email. To me…it appeared in this email that the dishwasher was at the store. How misleading…..because I drove my dad’s truck 25 miles from my home to the store…only to find that no dishwasher. In fact, the guys stated…because of the holiday, the truck probably will not be here until Thursday, 9/5. I WAS MORE THAN A LITTLE FRUSTRATED WITH SEARS AT THIS POINT.
I went home and got on my computer. I replied to the email. I then got a canned response that emails at this address were not monitored or something to that effect. I then found online how to complain to customer service. Of course…I get an email from a person obviously from India…apologizing. BUT WHO IS GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM. I replied…got another email from someone in India…saying I could get 10% off my next online order from Sears or KMart…with absolutely NO instructions on HOW TO GET THAT DISOCUNT! I asked how…and was told that after placing an order, I should email them to get my discount. What a BROKEN process!!!! Do you not know that you could set up a COUPON CODE at checkout???? You could give the already ANGRY customer the coupon code to use.
On Wednesday, 9/4 around 6 pm, I get a phone call at my home that my order is ready to be picked up. I’m a little weary since I wasted 50 miles of gasoline on Tuesday. I call the store…and it rings and rings and rings and rings at Merchandise Pickup. I call the store back….and it rings and rings and rings at Merchandise Pickup. I call the store back….and it rings and rings and rings at Merchandise Pickup…and then someone picks up the receiver and hangs up….I call the store again and ask for a manager…and it rings and rings and rings. I call the store again and ask for a manager…and it rings and rings and rings. I then call and ask for large appliances…and talk to a salesman. I tell the salesman all that has happened and that I am ready to shove this dishwasher up someone’s you know what at Sears…and he offers to go check to see if my dishwasher is there…..and call me back within 10 minutes. He calls me back within 5 minutes and tell me he has his hand on my dishwasher.
As a customer, I am very disappointed in Sears. You are not putting you customers first. I should not have gotten the 2nd misleading email…me thinking my dishwasher was there on 9/3. I definitely should have had someone in Merchandise Pickup answer the **** phone. I should have had a Manager answer the **** phone.
Absolutely one of the WORST customer experiences that I have had!
How are you going to fix these issues?
First, I expect the email system to be fixed. CLEARLY state that something is at the store in the email. Don’t send me a 2nd email and list the dishwasher in the same place on the email as the Installation Kit in the first…making me – the customer – think that the dishwasher is at the store.
Second, I expect Merchandise Pickup to answer the **** phone.
Third, I expect a Manager to ALWAYS be available and answer the **** phone.
Fourth, get some competent people employed at Sears to look at your processes from the Customer perspective. If you lose customers, how will you remain a viable business? I work in Corporate for a retail organization…and know that doesn’t happen.
One thing that I forgot to mention….I had to enter my cell phone number during the ordering process. The salesman told me that I would receive a text message when the dishwasher was in the store. I have never received a text message…so that process is broken as well.

Answers

5 answers

1. betbet1,

We’re sorry that our customer service did not meet expectations with your recent dishwasher purchase. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like the opportunity to have one of our dedicated case managers discuss this situation with you and address any other concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (betbet1) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

So I talked to your person. He promised me a % off the dishwasher to be refunded to my credit card. I got a refund...but it was NOT the % promised. Then...he won't respond to my emails about it...asking how he calculated the refund. POOR POOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE....to an already mad customer. How do you expect to keep customers? If you don't keep customers...what happens to Sears?

2. In response to SHC-DavidW

Hi betbet! Thanks for posting this update. I will pass this along to your case manager so they can be in touch today.

3. In response to SHC-DavidW

Betbet1,
      We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding your dishwasher refund. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

2. Welcome, betbet1! Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts on your most recent dishwasher purchase. I can imagine your frustration with the whole experience. This is a great place to share your feedback, and we really appreciate you explaining the circumstances of your order.

I am passing your comments along to the Stores team, so they can learn from this incident and make the necessary improvements so other customers can enjoy a better experience. SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, will visit shortly on this thread as well. We want to ensure you received that 10% promised discount that was originally offered.

Once a team member responds, I will reach out directly to you so you can view the request to be in touch with the them.

Thanks again for relaying your experience with the MySears Community.

See More