Question

How do you get customer service to respond and have the authority to resolve a problem fairly?

Have called customer service at least three times regarding this issue and have written email to customer service. No response, no “customer service” no “customer care.” I just want to purchase the item at the price I was to pay with the promised discount. I would like to have someone work with me who is able to or has the authority to make this happen and not continue to waste everyone’s time.

Answers

6 answers

1. Dear Mr. ValuedCustomer,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize for the problems encountered while attempting to reach our customer service representatives. We’d like to talk to you and have one of our dedicated case manager contact you to address and ensure proper resolution in a timely manner. Our research doesn’t indicate that we have received your information to the email requested = smadvisor@searshc.com. Please re-send the following information – contact #, screen name (Mr.ValuedCustomer), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We’re sorry for any additional inconveniences this may have caused you. Look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-EdwinC

Well, after all these days, sending email and making phone calls, I got the official brush off by someone so incompetent and disrespectful as to not read comprehend and address the issue at hand. I'm really not surprised as after several requests from Sears via form letters for a phone number to call me, I could not even get the decency of a phone call.

Far be it from me to lecture you on the problems Sears faces. A simple google search for customer service issues with Sears will bring up thousands of complaints, most so much more severe than my problem.

For me, I'm the lucky one who gets to buy from another business. I have to believe you must know there are many including but no limited to the likes of eBay and Amazon as well as BestBuy, Home Depot, Lowes, and local appliance stores. I know that I am dodging a bullet by not having Sears assist me with the purchase of my appliance. My problems could multiply geometrically if I were ever to have an issue and need the assistance of Sears customer service.

Just what part of "Customer Service" does Sears not understand? The future of Sears and in particular the people who work for Sears can't be very bright. You folks have done everything possible to frustrate me when I'm sitting here trying to get you to take me money for an appliance.

Me,I'm done with Sears. My kids will grow up in a home where Sears is portrayed in such a bad light that you have lost them as customers too. You may not be aware of the costs of a lost customer, but ask anyone who knows anything about business and you will find it would have been a ton cheaper to thoughtfully and respectfully address my issues without putting me through this lesson in futility.

Add me to the list of 10s of thousands of others who have washed their hands of this dinosaur.
      Do yourself a favor and put this term in a search engine box, "Sears customer service issues." Don't fool yourself, you have failed me and you are failing overall.

Sincerely,
      Obviously I'm not a valued customer...

2. Mr.ValuedCustomer,

We apologize for the trouble you’re experiencing with your purchase concern. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and look into addressing this issue. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Mr.ValuedCustomer) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

David W,

Well, I did as you suggested with an immediate email and phone number, but guess what? No reply (crickets chirping).

What does one have to do to get some real customer service at Sears?

Exasperated and doubting my hopeful screen name,

Mr. ValuedCustomer

3. Welcome, Mr.ValueCustomer! Thanks so much for visiting today with your question. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble making a purchase. We can get you in touch with a member of the SearsCares team who will be happy to discuss the issues you are having. A team member will reply right here on this thread in a bit. Once they do, I will contact you via email so you can connect with them soon.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Got your email, but it was not as helpful as I had hoped. Hope you can find someone on the team who is able to both understand my situation and provide a fair and just solution to the problem. Yes my issue is not as much a problem as many here have, but I sure would hope I could get this worked out before years end.

Thanks,
      Mr. ValuedCustomer (not so sure anymore)