Question

How does one speak to a person who has authority to resolve an issue/complaint?

I ordered a stove on 12/2. To be short I got the WRONG stove on 12/19. I still have the wrong stove. The right stove is supposed to be delivered and installed on 1/3. No one I have spoken to or e-mailed does anything but apologize for my inconvenience and thank me for shopping at Sears. Two weeks ago one promised me a $50 gift card but that never showed up. Does anyone at Sears care?????

Answers

8 answers

1. To be clear I got the completely wrong stove. I purchased a black Kenmore convection oven with a 5 burner top with the 5th burner being a large oval. I got a stainless steel Frigidaire standard oven with a 5 burner top - no oval burner. The box on this wrong stove was clearly labelled as going to me with Sears labels. This has nothing to do with the delivery/install because right from the get go Sears sent the wrong stove. On top of this it took 4 phone calls to Sears before I finally got someone who would admit there was a problem. After that it took another 3 phone calls to get the exchange processed and confirmed. Would you accept this as "a pretty good recovery"? If yes, you should be working at Sears.

• San Jose, CA

So. In less than one week, the "right" stove is coming and will be installed.

That's a pretty good recovery on a delivery error, don't you think?

What was "wrong" with the first stove? Color, size, wrong power (gas or electric)?

What is the long model number of the stove you are expecting to arrive on 1/3?

Assuming there is a store model you looked at, while deciding to purchase your stove, the store sales folks should be able to supply you with the "full" long model number of the stove you purchased.

1. No I do not think it is a good recovery on a delivery error. Assuming the promised deliver takes place, and that is very problematic with Sears at the best of time, the poster will, according to them, have been without the correct stove for 15 days,that was a fraction in excess of two weeks when I went to school, even allowing for the 'delivery days' it is still 13 days.
      Additionally what about the Gift Card the poster states they were promised? We see many complaints of these promised Gift Cards not arriving.

2. These moderators at Sears delete comments too trying to hide their ****. They're not resolving anything here.

3. I agree with you man. All they do on these boards is write a scripted response message saying "yo here's some scripted empathy bullshit to let you know that we want to sound like we care, but we ain't gonna give you your ****, because in fact, we actually do not care". we a buncha jabronis gettin shafted by them.

4. ex-shopper,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I am very sorry to hear on the mishap with the delivery of your stove. I can see how frustrating it is to receive a different stove and not the one you had purchased. Even more, I understand how disappointing it can be not receive the help you need when you called us for support. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your experience. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the stove was purchased under (if different than the contact number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (ex-shopper) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank, you Liz R. My Sears Social Media Moderator, Sears Social Media Support

1. In response to SHC-LizR

I have done this already. I have been promised several times I would be contacted by a case manager. No one has called me. No one has provided my anything helpful. We're sorry. Thank you for shopping at Sears. Get a grip! You are hemorrhaging customers with your "customer service". How do you sleep at night when you're spewing false promises every day to customers?

5. HI ex-shopper! I am so sorry that you are still waiting for the correct stove to be delivered and that you haven't received your promised gift card. Please check back on this thread soon for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will do what they can to get both of these issues resolved for you.