Question

How does Sears manage to stay in business???

Placed an order for a split queen box spring and only 1/2 was delivered. Needless to say the original delivery date was missed. The delivery person told me he was not sure why they did not have the other half on the truck but suggested we go to the store to resolve. Drove to Sears store only to be told that they can’t help with any Sears.com issues. My frustration started. They were kind enough to get a Sears.com rep on the phone. Spent the next 1 hr on the phone. The rep told me (as did the original agent who took my order) that I did not need to order two halves – only 1 would include both pieces. She then placed me on hold to call delivery and find out what happened to the other half of the box spring. Another 10 minutes passed and she returned to my call and informed me that I did need to order two pieces. We continued the conversation regarding what was needed to order and obviously the customer service agents and the delivery team did not have the same opinion. I told her to cancel the order and have them pick up the half of box spring they delivered since we could not resolve the differences. They could not pick up the box spring until Friday 11/27. They were told to call my cell before arriving at my home. I received another call during the week regarding the order and whether I wanted to do an exchange which I told them no that the way they handled this entire ordeal was not acceptable. Friday came and no call. I called the delivery team 3 times during the day but they kept telling me they would call upon arrival. They never came or called. Saturday morning I again called customer service and explained the entire situation AGAIN!! The rep on the phone did acknowledge the many notes on the order. He promised that they would pick up the box spring that day and again I told them to call when they were in route. I waited all day Saturday and once again a NO SHOW!! At 4PM, I again called Sears and was treated quite rudely by the 1st agent. He placed me on hold to call the delivery dept and I waited approx. 10 mins before hanging up and calling back. This time I spoke with a Felicia. She told me they would not be out Saturday but would reschedule the pickup for December 3 which is a Tuesday. I informed her that I’ve already spent two days waiting for Sears and needed the pickup scheduled for after 5PM since I have to work that day. She rudely told me they could not give me a time. Again I told her that two days were spent waiting for the pickup, nevermind the 6 hours of customer contact with Sears agents regarding this simple order. I don’t understand how Sears can stay in business. Their customer service attitude is not acceptable. It’s pretty bad when the agents taking the order don’t have the same understanding of an order that the delivery team does. And how do I get Sears to come and finally pick up the box spring before my payment is due??? My time is valuable and I’ve wasted way too many hours dealing with this!!!

Answers

2 answers

1. lee999,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. After reading your post, I can see why you would be voicing your concerns here on our site. We definitely don't intend to make receiving a delivery from us difficult and we certainly don't condone rude behavior from our associates. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to ensure this situation is resolved as soon as possible and to your complete satisfaction.Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (lee999) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi lee999! Welcome to the MySears Community!

I am very sorry to hear you are still waiting for a pick up of your box spring. I would like to put you in contact with our Sears Cares Team to help you address this further. Once the Sears Cares Team reaches out to you here, I will email you to let you know the Team has posted directing your back for further contact.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out here and providing the opportunity for us to help!