Question

How is it determined that the “small block” on a Craftsman push mower “never fails” unless it has been abused by the customer? The mower I purchased last spring, which is still under warranty, seized up after running out of gas in the midst of mowing my yard. I was told by the repair center that I either ran it without oil or “hit something hard.” Neither is true, but apparently that is not relevant. $300 for a disposable lawnmower. Dead after a season and 1/2. Thanks, Sears.

Answers

6 answers

• San Jose, CA

What is the long model number of your mower?

How often did you check the oil level?

Do you have a picuture of the lawn mower's blade?

1. next_time_toro,
    We’re sorry to hear about the troubles you’re having with the mower you purchased. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to have a case manage contact you and discuss this situation. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (next_time_toro) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi next_time_toro! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry to hear you are having trouble with your mower. A SearsCares team member will be happy to discuss the problems you are having both with your mower and it's repair.

I will reach out to you in a bit with more information.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I am having the same issue, I purchased the 3 year warranty and the engine locked up, and now the sears repair place wants 200 to repair it???

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi jw131! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today! I am sorry you are having issues with your tractor, as well. I can send this along to SearsCares for you.

They will reach out right here in a bit asking that you directly contact them so they can discuss your options. Once a response is posted, I will notify you via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Jw131,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with what has occurred with your getting your tractor repaired. . We would be happy to have a case manager contact you and address your concerns. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jw131), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
      Thank you,

Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

See More