Question

how is it possible that a service call for my fridge takes over a week??? this is unaccepatable! this is the last time i will purchase anything from sears. Kiara from corporate said we dont have enough technicians in your area, it is what it is!

Answers

5 answers

1. jayden1079,

Thank you for the feedback in regards to your service appointment. My name is Jack and I am with the Sears Cares Team. We’re sorry that a sooner service date was not available when you called to make your appointment. I understand the inconvenience of having to be without a working refrigerator for an extended period of time. We would like to have a case manager contact you to assist in getting the refrigerator repaired as quickly as possible and to address any other concerns that you may have. . If you would like to speak to us about this, please email the following information – your contact phone number, screen name (jayden1079), and phone number used at the time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again we’re sorry for any trouble this may have caused and we look forward to speaking to you soon.
    Thank you,

Jack C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Feel fortunate that you got service in just a week (or slightly more)!

You could be facing the same issues...BEWARE and don't expect that FIRST VISIT to be the solution.

Someone from A&E (yes, owned by Sears) was able to send the technician out in a timely manner - after more than 10 calls to Sears and their "my help" lines and many "sorry" messages - form emails...I found a phone number for the A&E routing office in my area.

BUT (and it's a BIG BUT)...the ice maker Sears had shipped and installed (which took two visits and two months) was BAD AND NOT WORKING.

Yesterday's technician replaced the ice maker AGAIN with a part on his truck, but found there is a BAD WATER VALVE. It will be ANOTHER THREE WEEKS before the part will be here and the repair can be attempted (and I do believe the word is ATTEMPT).

We will be approaching FOUR MONTHS without Sears ability to repair this APPLIANCE COVERED BY A PROTECTION AGREEMENT within a reasonable/timely manner.

I have contacted the Attorney General's office in Colorado in the interim and I am hoping legal action will take place by the time my refrigerator is repaired...remember that could take as long as Sears delays. I understand the AG's office has MANY SIMILAR COMPLAINTS ABOUT BOTH SEARS AND A&E.

Consumers, please contact your local AGs office. Since Sears and A&E will do NOTHING to address our concerns, maybe their legal departments can do something in the interim to protect future consumers (if consumers are foolish enough to continue purchasing these FAULTY protection agreements).

I feel rather sorry for the technicians but it appears Sears and A&E do not listen to their employees either.

I will continue to keep the forum in the loop on SEARS and A&E service responses...until they no longer allow consumers to voice their complaints. They certainly don't take action on the service end, but I am betting they will take action on "unflattering" posts! It does appear, my ability to post has been blocked!

1. In response to corknne

corknne,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. After reading your post i can understand why you would be voicing your concerns here on our site. Having a refrigerator that isn't working properly for any length of time can be frustrating and sometimes costly. We would like to make sure that your repair is completed as soon as possible and to your complete satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (corknne) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. In response to corknne

Hey there, corknne! What kind of issues are you encountering that lead you to believe your ability to post has been blocked? I can look into that for you, if you would like! We have not blocked your account on our end to make that so. Please let me know so we can investigate further.

Thanks!

3. Hi jayden1079,

We appreciate you taking the time to join us in the MySears Community and informing us of this issue.

We would like to help by having a member of our Sears Care team reach out to offer their assistance in helping to resolve. Once our ream responds I will be reaching out via email to re-direct you back to this thread so that you can continue to make contact with our Sears Cares team.

Again, we appreciate you reaching out to us today!