Question

How to change code on a Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener model # 41A3493-1?

Duplicate door code in neighborhood, causes my door to open.

Answers

37 answers

1. To change the code first decide which button on the remote you wish to use. Remove the screw holding the back cover. Locate the 9 pin connector. For the top large button put pin 1 to the minuse position. To use the center button set the switch to 0. To reset the code use a small screwdrive to position the switchs to +. - or 0. SEt the remove switches 2-9 abd then set the reciever switches in the exact same way. I hope this helps.

2. Hello nailbender, I am sorry you are having this problem. The number you submitted is a part number of the logic board inside the power unit mounted to the ceiling. The model number should be located on the side of the power head or on one of the ends. You may need to remove the lens cover to see it. If you could reply with the model number of the garage door open which is mounted on the ceiling, I will be happy to provide the model specific instuctions.

3. hendo72,To change the code on the model number listed, first you will need to erase all previous codes. To erase the codes, press and hold the SRT button on the opener panel until the light turns off (approx. 6 seconds). Now to reprogram, repeat steps 1, 2, & 3 listed in the owner's manual on page 33. Here is the link for the owner's manual. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/13953629SRT-Craftsman-GARAGE+DOOR+OPENER-manual . I hope this will help you.

1. In response to SHC-ScottD

hello i have a sears opener model..41A3066 and don't have a manual for the dip switches to reset it ….to a spare remote (chamberlain) 950CB(date 3/98) if you know how to help me i would very thankful

2. In response to SHC-ScottD

Hi tdrive80!

I would be happy to put you in touch with one of our Experts to help you with this issue.

Once a response has posted I will be emailing a link back for further contact.

Thank you for reaching out!

3. In response to SHC-ScottD

oh righty then thank you

4. In response to SHC-ScottD

correction on that model# its a 139.53600

5. In response to SHC-ScottD

Scott, I have this same garage door opener. I hold the SRT button for at least 6 seconds but the light stays on for about 20 seconds. After the light finally goes off I press the remotes and they are still operating the door. Anything else you can think of for me to clear the codes?

6. In response to SHC-ScottD

The 41A3066 is the part number for the logic board. A model number should start with 139. If you Chamberlain remote has the same dip switches and uses the same frezencies then it should work.

7. In response to SHC-ScottD

To change the code first decide which button on the remote you wish to use. Remove the screw holding the back cover. Locate the 9 pin connector. For the top large button put pin 1 to the minuse position. To use the center button set the switch to 0. To reset the code use a small screwdrive to position the switchs to +. - or 0. SEt the remove switches 2-9 abd then set the reciever switches in the exact same way. I hope this helps.

8. In response to SHC-ScottD

If your model has a button that needs to be pushed to program the remote, I recommend pushing and holding the button down until the light on the control board turns off. This will erase all the codes in the control board. After you erase all the codes, you can reprogram all the remotes one at a time. This should cure the problem. If your model has small switches that you have to set to program, the remote you just need to change the position on one of the switches. For instance if switch one is turned on you just need to switch it the other way. Then make the same change on each of the remotes. This should cure the problem you are having.

9. In response to SHC-ScottD

If your model has a button that needs to be pushed to program the remote, I recommend pushing and holding the button down until the light on the control board turns off. This will erase all the codes in the control board. After you erase all the codes, you can reprogram all the remotes one at a time. This should cure the problem.

10. In response to SHC-ScottD

Was this a response to my question? Because if it is you must not have read my question clearly. Please read my question again and give me a response that will help my situation. Thanks.

11. In response to SHC-ScottD

AJinChica, I'm sorry you are having this problem with the GDO. If you have the same model as the one listed above your question, unfortunately the owner's manual is no longer available. However, I'm listing the information from what appears to be a similar model. To deactivate any unwanted remote, first erase all codes:
      Press and hold the "learn" button on motor unit until the learn indicator light goes out (approximately 6 seconds). All previous codes are now erased. Reprogram each remote or keyless entry you wish to use. If your model is different, please reply with the complete model and we will be glad to assist you further. I would also like to recommend posting your own question on a new thread. This thread is getting very confusing to follow.

4. I am sorry you are having this problem. The number you submitted is a part number of the logic board inside the power unit. The model number should be located on the side of the power head or on one of the ends. You may need to remove the lens cover to see it. I will try to assist you without the model number. If your model has a button that needs to be pushed to program the remote, I recommend pushing and holding the button down until the light on the control board turns off. This will erase all the codes in the control board. After you erase all the codes, you can reprogram all the remotes one at a time. This should cure the problem. If your model has small switches that you have to set to program, the remote you just need to change the position on one of the switches. For instance if switch one is turned on you just need to switch it the other way. Then make the same change on each of the remotes. This should cure the problem you are having.

If this does not work please reply with the model number off the unit and more details. The model number should start with 139. followed by at least five other numbers. I need all the numbers.

1. In response to SHC-JoeyS

the model number is 139.536.29SRT

5. I would expect the model number to start with a 139. To change the code start by locating the Learn button on the side or back of the opener. Press and release the Learn button and the LED should illuminate. There is a 30 second time limit on the next step. Enter a 4 number pin of your choice on the keypad then press the Enter keypad. I hope this helps. You can reply with a complete model number for further assistance.

6. On this model when you change the dip switches then simply press the button on the remote and it has been reset. The opener only needs to learn the code it is on. It is not a true srt learn button in this respect.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

I'm having a similar problem with my 139.53615sr. My neighbor has captured my code and accidentally opens my door a lot. I have tried the reset procedure, but my button is Yellow and I have held it for up to 60 seconds and the light never goes out so I am not sure if I am erasing any codes (like the one my neighbor has captured)

2. In response to SHC-FredM

Welcome, Tx_paesan! An Expert will be by in a bit with some advice on your opener. I'll reach out to you once he posts a reply.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-FredM

Hello Tx_paesan, the light will not turn off. You do not need to attempt to push and hold the yellow button to clear the code. I you need to do is reprogram your remote(s). Press the yellow button and the indicator will come on and then release the button. Press the selected button you want use on the remote within 30 seconds and the indicator will turn off. Then press the selected button again and the door should operate. This procedure will reprogram your remote and door opener.

4. In response to SHC-FredM

Hi Tx paesan,

Did your problem get solved following the advise the expert gave you? I have the same problem and I have the same garage door, same model number.

5. In response to SHC-FredM

Hi 1pagan!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Have you tried the tips above that our Experts have provided? If so, are you still experiencing issues?

Please keep us posted so that we may escalate your concerns onto Experts so that they can help in troubleshooting this issue further for you.

Thank you!

7. Hi nailbender,

YIKES! That is not good!

I have escalated your concerns to one of our Sears Experts to see if they can help resolve this issue for you.

Please check back periodically for a response.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I'm having the same problem. I've used the original remote for years. It still works, but it started falling apart. I bought a universal remote and followed the setup instructions. It works, but now it opens from any other remote in the neighborhood, which is every few hours. I've changed the dip switches a dozen times and it keeps happening. Is there anyway to completely reset the receiver??

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi JohnInTexas!

I have escalated your question to one of our Sears Experts to see if they can help.

Please check back periodically to see if they have some helpful trouble shooting tips that you can try.

Thank you!

3. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Have same problem as Wendy. Can you help

4. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi yukiec333! Thanks for posting today! Give the above suggestions from Fred a try. If that does not work, let us know your model number and he can post a more specific answer.

Thanks!

5. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I have the same issue as mentioned above. My neighbor has tried to reset his opener(Genie) and remote, but still can't disconnect from my craftsman. I do not see any dip switches on the motor, just a "learn" button. Please help

6. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi GarageDoorWorrier! I am sure that has to be frustrating for both you and your neighbor! The Garage Door Expert may ask for your model number in order to give you the most accurate answer. I will send along to him so he can still offer up some advice on getting this fixed for you.

Once he posts a reply, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread so you can view it.

Thanks!

7. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I'm having the exact same issues as mentioned above. Purchased a universal remote and got it programmed only to find that my neighbor can now open my garage. Is there a way to reprogram or a place to change the dip switches on the unit itself? Please help so I don't have to buy a new opener! Model number 41A3624.

8. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

tddt,
      I am sorry you are having this problem. The number you submitted is a part number on the opener. The model number should be located on the side of the power head or on one of the ends. You may need to remove the lens cover to see it. I will try to assist you without the model number. If your model has a button that needs to be pushed to program the remote, I recommend pushing and holding the button down until the light on the control board turns off. This will erase all the codes in the control board. After you erase all the codes, you can reprogram all the remotes one at a time. This should cure the problem. If your model has small switches that you have to set to program, the remote you just need to change the position on one of the switches. For instance if switch one is turned on you just need to switch it the other way. Then make the same change on each of the remotes. This should cure the problem you are having.

If this does not work please reply with the model number off the unit and more details. The model number should start with 139. followed by at least five other numbers. I need all the numbers.

I hope this is helpful.
      Mark

9. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

My model # is 139.3043. I've reset the unit (according to the manual and what you've suggested above)using the learn button by holding it down until the light turns off and repeating. I re learned all the remotes but it's still opening my neighbors door?

10. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Welcome to MySears, hendo72! Hang in there! I sent this along to the Expert, as well. He will be by shortly to help troubleshoot for you.

Thanks!

11. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

thanks

12. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

haven't received anything back yet regarding this. I've reset it 3 times and my neighbor (which has an old model Craftsman) has reset his 3 times. I need a solution soon please.

13. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hello henod072, ask your neighnor to try clearing and reprogramming his garage door opener. If the problem can not be resolved, I suggest calling a service technician.

See More