Question

How to escalate repair services for a refrigerator? HELP!!!

I called in over the weekend to report a dead refrigerator and was given a service date of October 3, 2013 as the earliest date to service. This not acceptable. I paid good money for a top-of-the-line refrigerator and several hundred dollars for a Protection agreement. Apparently, I am wasted my money. Need help! I am told that the reason that the date is so far out is that they have hundreds of refrigerators that are bad. Need to get my refrigerator fixed now! Three weeks is not acceptable for fixing a dead refrigerator. Who can help me?

Answers

9 answers

1. No help even through Sear's Escalation process.

It appears that there are 2 main problems here:
    - Defective product at a very high rate.
    - Not enough resources to handle all the defective product.

Sears should focus on getting the quality of their products dramatically improved. Until they do, they should add substantial resources to handle this heavy load of defective products.

A common quote: "They don't make them like they used to."

2. ArtH3,

My name is David and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are truly sorry for delay you are having with your refrigerator service appointment. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over this situation. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss this issue and assist you in addressing your concern. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ArtH3), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DavidW

Information sent. Waiting on a reply.

2. In response to SHC-DavidW

Got and missed (I was in the shower) a call from BrendaS. Have called back over 60 times, always goes to voice mail. Left messages to try to contact me again since yesterday but no reply.

Still need help!

3. In response to SHC-DavidW

I have forwarded this on to your case manager, ArtH3! Look to hear from someone today.

Thanks for your patience!

4. In response to SHC-DavidW

ArtH3,

We apologize that you, and your case manager have been unable to speak as of yet. We will forward this information to them for attention. We thank you for your patience, and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Brian S.
      MySears Community Moderator

5. In response to SHC-DavidW

Case manager finally got back to me. She said that she would try for Sept. 19,20,21. Later called and told me that she was unable to get the October 3rd date change. Ugh!

3. Welcome, ArtH3! Thanks so much for posting today and giving us a chance to help. I am going to forward this inquiry on to the SearsCares team to see if they can help get this expedited for you.

Once they respond, I will be sure to reach out to let you know, so you can directly connect with them.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks. I really need the help ....

See More