Answers

5 answers

1. Hello beanbil1. I don't recognize that brand and type of dishwasher. The door will normally have a latch mechanism that is located just inside the inner door panel. There is normally a strike mechanism on the top of the opening to the dishwasher tub. You can check the strike to see if it can be adjusted so that the door will open properly. If the latch is broken, then I recommend that you have a service technician examine and repair that failure. You can call Sears at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME) to set up a service call. If you need more help, post some more information about the model and type of dishwasher that you have.

2. Hi, beanbil1. Welcome to the MySears Community! Thanks for sharing your question here.

Please share a bit more about your dishwasher. What brand and model do you own? Are you receiving any error message when attempting to open the door? We will be happy to have an expert assist you with this question.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your question here!

1. In response to laurelS

hotman 14 door sticks on top what to do

2. In response to laurelS

Thanks for sharing this additional information, beanbil1.

So we can assist you further, please share the brand of your dishwasher (ie. Samsung, Kenmore, GE, etc.). Also, if you have the owner's manual to reference, please let us know what model number is listed in the manual.

Our Dishwasher expert will post a message for you here soon! Please check back shortly.

Thanks again for reaching out in the MySears Community!

3. In response to laurelS

Hi, beanbil1. I was able to do some additional research for you.

I did not recognize the brand and model of your dishwasher, please see these general tips:

I would recommend replacing the door latch assembly. The door latch assembly does have springs that should respond when you open and close the door. In your description it sound like the latch is not responding all the time. If you feel confident in making this repair here is a link to the latch; Latch assembly this does not include the latch handle or the door switch which I suggest you replace also. Here is the link to Sears Parts Direct.

I hope this helps, should you need additional assistance reply with more details and I will be happy to respond.

See More