Answers

7 answers

1. Mark and Fred thank you for your help. Job is done.

1. In response to Yaro59

Thanks for the update, Yaro! Glad they were able to help!

2. The blower cover is held in place by three bolts. One is right to the side of the spark plug. One bolt is on the back side near the 7 oclock position. The third bolt is at the 5 oclock position. The bolts are 3/8 of an inch.

3. Thank you Mark. Can you also describe for me please how to remove the blower housing from top of engine? That the part I couldn't figure out. Thank you in advance

4. I am sorry you are having a problem with the mower. To replace the starter rope on this engine you will need to remove the blower housing from the top of the engine. Once it is removed, you can remove the rest of the broken rope. Once you have the new rope, rewind the recoil pulley until you feel it bind. Once it binds back it off one full turn and align the hole in the pulley with the hole in the housing. At this point, I place a screwdriver through the pullet and housing. This will keep the pulley from unwinding while you install the rope. Once you have the pulley locked in place thread the rope through the hole in the housing into the hole of the pulley. Then tie a knot in the end of the rope to keep it from pulling out. Now hold the rope to keep it from rewinding all the way, as you remove the screwdriver. Then slowly let the starter rewind the new rope onto the pulley. If it wants to rewind all the rope, I recommend tying the starter handle onto the end of the starter rope. The handle will keep the rope from going all the way in. Now that the handle is on the rope, you can reassemble the engine. Then route the rope through the loop on the mower handle. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Mark

5. It is Craftsman Model No. 917.376480 with 675 Series Briggs & Stratton Engine.

6. Hi there, Yaro59! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for asking your question this morning. The Lawn and Garden Experts will be able to offer advice on fixing that pull cord. If you could provide the model number of your mower, that will allow them to give an answer most specific to your mower.

In the meantime, an Expert will be by shortly with a response. Once he posts, I will let you know via email to ensure you see the reply.

Thanks!

See More