Question

I am extremely unhappy. I bought a dryer yesterday, to be scheduled between 4:30 and 6:30pm today. I left work early to come home and wait for the delivery. At 6:30, I called to check on my delivery only to be told that someone should have called me because there was no way the dryer was going to be delivered today … something about “out of area” … and now it is rescheduled for Sunday. Today is Thursday. I have been buying appliances from Sears for decades but next time I might think about shopping somewhere else.

I feel that I deserve some compensation, like a refund of the $70 delivery charge at the very least. Order Id # 8142277618

Answers

5 answers

• San Jose, CA

Today is the big day!

Has the dryer arrived yet?

Is the old dryer being hauled away?

Has the area been swept and vacuumed in anticipation of the new dryer?

I KNOW you've already compared the bagged electrical cord you picked up at the store to your laundry room outlet, to be sure there is no hold up in connecting up the new dryer.

Did you pay for installation?

Enjoy that new dryer and don't forget, Next Day Delivery is a very RARE event anymore, like a Full Service equipped gas station.

• San Jose, CA

Out of area suggests the delivery folks delivery area was set wide that day and that your location was not even "close" to where they were performing deliveries that day.

The good news is you didn't have to wait around for the rest of the day, do nothing to delay the delivery.

The bad news is that the delivery folks had a large number of deliveries that day, including some that were far away from your delivery area.

I guess the delivery folks won't be collecting on that "next day delivery" merit badge this week.

Now, the machine is firmly within the "one-week" delivery time zone, that most people have.

Some excellent time can be spent by making sure there is a clear path from the front door to the laundry room area, where the dryer will be going.

Does the cord you purchased for the dryer "fit" the service socket in your laundry room.

Is any ducting run and is any old ducting checked for good connection.

Now, would be the best time to do all of these tasks.

I've got to check the ducting on our dryer and it is going to take some effort to move that beast, to do the duct checking.

Good luck with your new dryer's delivery.

1. sherey,

We’re sorry that our customer service did not meet expectations with your recent dryer purchase. My name is David with our Sears Cares Escalation team. We would be happy to discuss this situation with you and address any other concerns you may have regarding your delivery. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (sherey) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thank you,
    David W.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Sherey!

Thank you for posting your concerns in the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that your scheduled delivery was cancelled with no warning. To help you further with this issue I have escalated your concerns to our SearsCares team to see if they can help in any way.

Please check back periodically for a response.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I realise now this website is a sham, no problems are solved here, no matter how simple. The Sears Toads spend the entire day writing apologies, making excuses and off course do what they do best, Telling Lies.

Why would I write, look at the frustration being exhibited by the vast number of your customers, don't you guys ever feel bad, about the deceitful things you all wright? don't you all realise that nobody comes here and leaves feeling that they came to the right place. How could sears get such a large concentration of morons under the same roof? Its just so unbelievable.

See More