Question

I am getting really frustrated and fed up with Sears bill paying policy. I deal EVERYWHERE with a debit card. At Sears, a debit card is not accepted for “in store” payments of a sears credit card although it can be used for purchases. This I find rediculous and troubling. The crazy thing is that I CAN pay this bill with my debit card at any K-MART store??????? ****, even my paper boy swipes my debit card with a gadget on his cell phone??? I don’t keep any cash in excess of $50.00 on my person or in the house. I am 63 years old and a victim of crime 3 times. I will not put my debit card #s on the internet, I will not write checks & lick stamps. I deal with a debit card for everything, the world runs on debit cards. WalMart, the largest company in the history of the planet, – did you ever look at how they deal with this, they bend over backwards to get you to make a purchase & once you comit to that transaction, they will take any legal for of payment you offer, that’s the way it’s done. Being a buisnessman for 37 years, selling out to retire in 2012, the most important thing I learned is “TAKE THE MONEY” be set up to take any and all forms of payment you can think of and make it easy, convenient and stress free for the customer. I have been having problems at Sears stores in recent years. About 16-18 months ago, I went to your West Mifflin store to arrange for appliances for my sons apartment building. I needed 7 each of refrigerators – ranges & built in dishwashers. The salesman said “I’ll be right back”, I never saw him again so I went to Lowes Home Improvement at the Waterfront who jumped all over it. Then in March I saw a reconditioned Lawn tractor at the same West Mifflin store for 1.200.00 I think. Went back the following Sunday & was told they were locked up in package pick up and I would need to come back on Monday, went to the same Lowes again & bought a beaut. I’ll say this again “TAKE THE MONEY”. I will most likely be closing my accounts (2) with Sears in August or September because you make it hard and inconvenient to give you THE MONEY. At my age, I am all about convenience

Answers

4 answers

1. Hi there, Blazer7! Thanks for posting your feedback today. I am so sorry you are disappointed with the bill paying process for your Sears Card. You can pay online with your checking account or Pay Pal, which is a pretty convenient option for many members. If you would like to use you debit card, the Sears Card Customer Service reps would be happy to help with this. Just give them a call at 1-800-669-8488

We also appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns about the experiences you have had at your local store, as well. I have passed this along to the Stores Team, so they can specifically address the issues you had at the West Mifflin store.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks, just the same, I owe approximately $245.00 on my Sears CITI master card. When the next statement arrives, I will go out of my way to K-MART and pay the balance. That card will then cease to be my primary & will be locked in my safe along with my regular Sears and other seldom used or dormant cards.
      After checking / comparing current interest rates, most likely, either my Sam's club discover or my WalMart Discover will take it's place and be my new primary.
      Between this payment problem and my recent purchasing (or lack of) experiences, I will effectivly end my dealings with Sears. However, I will still purchase shoes there once a year or so but I will pay cash. I will still take my free tire rotations until I need new tires. I will be buying the next set @ Sam's Club.
      You know, At the rate you are going, I predict that the sears stores will be the next major corporate failure. The thing is, We consumers don't need Sears - Sears NEEDs us consumers and you just lost a few.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Can you explain how to make your bill payments online with Pay Pal? I have looked all over the website for this information and I must be missing it. I too would like to make payments with my prepaid credit card. Much more convenient.
      Looking forward to your Pay Pal info.
      Thanks

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

HI mamabroomie! Welcome to MySears! It is SUPER easy to pay with PayPal on Sears.com. When you proceed to checkout, there will be the option to check out with PayPal. Just click that and you're good to go!

Hope that helps!

See More