Question

I am having a terrible time with a Samsung Refrigerator that I purchased at our local KMart which sells Appliances through Sears. I bought this refrigerator in April 2013 and spent over $1,400.00 when all was said and done. It is a large model with ice and water on the door, which is important to us. After a few months, the ice came out only crushed. I called and a repair man came out. A piece of ice had gotten stuck in the chute. OK.. No problem. A few months later, it started making a very loud noise when the motor ran. I called and a repairman came out. He told me that Samsung had acknowledged a design flaw in this model and he had to order a new part which would take 2 weeks. In the meantime, it sounded like a truck was in our kitchen. Before he came back out, now the refrigerator will not dispense water. He comes out and changes the part and says the water tank had frozen. It is now one month later and we are not getting water, yet again. When I called and said this would be the 4th time someone had come out for this piece of garbage, I was told that they will not replace it unless they have to make 4 service calls in a 12 month period that result in a part having to be changed. Seriously? So the fact that we can’t get water doesn’t count? I would give this back in a heartbeat and take back my 15 year old Whirlpool that I had before this one. This is the worst appliance I have ever owned. I will never buy another Samsung appliance and unless they make this right, I will never shop at Sears again. Just pathetic. My husband is ready to take them to small claims court to get our money back. If I hadn’t spent over $1,400, I would laugh.

Answers

4 answers

1. Dear debraoc,

Thank you for posting your feedback on the repair for your Samsung refrigerator. We strive to provide a quality repair on all of our service visits and can understand your disappointment with the quality of the refrigerator. My name is Isaac D and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team, we want to reach out and offer out assistance with this lengthy repair by putting you in contact with a case manager. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (debraoc), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. Again, we apologize for the difficulties with getting your refund and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Isaac D.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, debraoc! Thanks for posting on MySears today! I am sorry to hear you are having such trouble with your fridge. I have forwarded this along to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to discuss this with you.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. I will be sure to send you an email letting you know as soon as a response is posted.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Just an update. Sears did come through for me. After the last repairman came out and said the refrigerator now needed a new water valve, which would take 2 weeks to order, leaving us without water through the door, he put in his notes that he felt this would be an ongoing issue.
      Brittany M with the executive customer service, authorized a replacement for us.
      We now have a Frigidaire that we are very happy with. Hopefully, it will not give us any problems. It has to be better than the Samsung.
      Sears did step up and do that right thing.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi debraoc!

Wonderful news!

We appreciate you stopping by and letting us know that your issues have all been resolved. I have forwarded on to our Sears Cares team so that they too can share in this great news.

Have a wonderful weekend!

See More